Via Facebook and/or email:
MAY DAY EVENT – SENATOR REX PATRICK
THE FUTURE OF AUSTRALIAN GENERAL AVIATION
Hosted by the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia
Sunday, 1st May 2022: Commencing 11:00am
Attention Australian Aviation Industry Participants,
I warmly invite you all to attend my MAY DAY EVENT hosted by the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia, kicking off from 11am on Sunday 1st May 2022, at:
AOPA Australia Headquarters
Hangar 120, 10 Stinson Crescent
Bankstown Airport NSW 2200
General aviation is in crisis and is but a shadow of the aviation industry it once was. The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) is largely responsible for what has been a death by a thousand cuts.
Over the past 20 years the Parliament has held inquiry after inquiry, with the feedback from industry remaining consistent throughout. Despite the unified pleas for change, CASA have wrought havoc on the aviation industry, forcing a never-ending parade of regulatory change that has destroyed businesses, reduced industry competitiveness, and dramatically undermined the sustainability of small to medium sized aviation.
The Parliament reacted to the decline when it passed the Civil Aviation Amendment Bill 2019. This Bill sought to ensure that in developing and promulgating aviation safety standards, CASA must consider the economic and cost impacts on individuals, businesses, and the community.
Sadly, little seems to have changed.
The Parliamentary ‘nutcracker’ doesn’t seem to have cracked the over-regulation walnut, so it is now time to reach for the Sledgehammer.
Having worked tirelessly with industry and having watched things go from a cautionary PAN PAN to an outright emergency MAYDAY, I am ready to answer the call on Sunday 1st May, where I will propose a powerful sledgehammer that can be used to finally sort things out so that general aviation may recover and thrive.
Come take part on Sunday 1st May (from 11am). I am very much looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible, with a lunch-time BBQ and refreshments for participants.
South Australian Senator
Chief Executive, AOPA Australia
Mobile: 0415 577 724
REGISTER YOUR ATTENDANCE
To assist with event catering and equipment hire, participants are encouraged to register their attendance, by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT DATE AND LOCATION
Commencing 11am, Sunday 1st May 2022 – AOPA Australia Headquarters (FalconAir Hangar)
Hangar 120, 10 Stinson Crescent, Bankstown Airport NSW 22200, Australia.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS EVENT
• Recreational, Sport, General Aviation and Commercial Aircraft Owners
• Recreational, Private and Commercial Pilots
• Flight Training Businesses, Charter Operators, Maintenance Businesses
• Aviation Industry Associations, Peak Bodies, AeroClubs & Flying Groups
• Aviation Industry Supporters
INVITED INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS
• Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia
• Aircraft Maintenance Repair Overhaul Business Association
• Australian Licensed Aircraft Engineers Association of Australia
• Australian Federation of Air Pilots
• Sport Aircraft Association of Australia
• Australian Beechcraft Society
• Cessna 182 Association
• Australian Mooney Pilots Association
• Australian Piper Society
• Lancair Owner Builders Organisation
• Australian RV Aircraft Association
• AngelFlight Australia
• Wagga City Aero Club
• Central Coast Aero Club
• NSW Sport Aircraft Club
• ABC Television
• ABC Radio National
• Channel 9 News
• Channel 7 News
• The Australian
• The Australian Financial Review
• Australian Flying Magazine
• Australian Aviation