The noble Art - Embuggerance.

(06-16-2023, 07:20 PM)Peetwo Wrote:  GlenB embuggerance update: 16/06/23

Via the UP:

Quote:glenb

Reply re. FOI request above

CASA Ref: F23/21245

Dear Glen

I acknowledge receipt of your request under the Freedom of Information Act 1982.

CASA received your request on 14 June 2023 and the 30 day statutory period for processing your request commenced from the day after that date. You should therefore expect a decision from us by 14 July 2023. However, the period of 30 days may be extended if we need to consult third parties or for other reasons. We will advise you if this happens.

You will be notified of any charges in relation to your request as soon as possible, before we process any requested documents or impose a final charge.

When we have made a decision about your FOI request, we will send you a letter explaining our decision and your review and appeal rights.

We will contact you using the email address you provided. Please advise if you would prefer us to use an alternative means of contact.

I have summarised your request as follows – (please let me know if I have left anything out):

Quote:I am requesting CASA provide me with copies of commercial contracts that CASA retains of any operator in the flight training industry. If more than 5 located, the most recent five that CASA retain or have been involved in.

The Agreements that CASA would hold and have required for both Ballarat Aero Club, and Latrobe Valley Aero Club who had an existing arrangement with previous Flight Training Operators, until the day before they transferred to APTA.

A copy of the contract between APTA and Latrobe Valley Aero Club, that was finalised in or around June 2019.

I am not interested in any of the financial information, signatories to the agreement, and matters of operational control that are already replicated in the CASA approved Exposition, any names, titles, positions, or any information of a sensitive nature.

Date range: 1 November 1938 – 31 October 2018

I will liaise with the relevant CASA Officers to locate the documents in scope and will be in touch in due course.

Kind Regards,

And in reply:

Quote:Sandy Reith

30 days plus and 'Kind regards.'

I know it's an Australian habit to correspond with informality but I find it very annoying, especially when an official government letter starts with 'Dear Glen' and ends with 'Kind regards'.

It's one thing to be on first name basis on the phone but in the circumstances of CASA's intolerable, relentless and inexcusable attack on Glen Buckley the habit really grates.

in regard to the Glen Buckley and Clinton McKenzie follow up video the additional point of Shane Carmody's unjustified attack on Glen Buckley was well made. This was another example of the CASA Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). Carmody's accusations of assault and stalking were ludicrous considering that CASA presents no evidence or saw fit to institute its own procedures to protect or counter such 'stalking' and 'assault.'

How despicable can you get? Certainly the facts won't stand in the way of CASA's arrogant pursuit of anyone daring to probe or question the probity of its actions.

MalcolmReynolds

Glen, did you really request FOI from 1938 to 2018?? That will keep them busy for quite a while methinks!

FrankPilot

I used Glen’s company a few years ago to get my controlled airspace endorsement and to hire aircraft. I met Glen a few times. I am a former CASA employee. I support Glen. I wish I could help more - sign a petition or something? Cheers.

glenb

The contract

Recall that CASA initially said the structure was unlawful, and gave me only 7 days certainty of operation

It then became an issue of "wording" in contracts, which I couldn't satisfy.

All I needed was for CASA to identify whose and what responsibilities i needed to attend to.

Despite the extended date range, I suggest CASA will fail to produce a single contract that they have ever required of any operator in the flight training industry since 1938. To suggest that matters of operational control would be specified only in a commercial contract and not in the Exposition is quite simply absurd.

I look forward to the results. Cheers.

Sandy Reith

Help, means and methods

Quote:I used Glen’s company a few years ago to get my controlled airspace endorsement and to hire aircraft. I met Glen a few times. I am a former CASA employee. I support Glen. I wish I could help more - sign a petition or something? Cheers.
Having spoken to Glen only a few occasions, but never met, it’s good to hear from FrankPilot and others, who like myself have been impressed by Glen’s attitude and who has continued to engage in a civilised manner (with an odd excursion, very understandably).

I think we can all spend a few minutes writing to our federal MPs and State Senators telling them enough is enough and we demand restitution and recompense for Glen Buckley. Doesn’t have to be a long letter.

And I think make known our views here, and elsewhere in the social media, and to our aviation associations that we want action.

And not just for Glen’s sake but for the wider implications that go right to the heart of our democracy.
https://gofund.me/1799a035

Would a few hundred or a couple of thousand be missed in a years time? And maybe again some more. Cheers.

Addendum: GlenB 'stalked & assaulted' FOI request. 

Via the UP:

Quote:glenb

18/06/23 FOI Request

Allegation by ex CASA CEO, Mr Shane Carmody to Senate Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee, that I, Glen Buckley, “stalked and assaulted” CASA Employees. (My reference: PPRuNe#2684)

Pertinent information to this request

This request will be of a significant nature and may well need involvement from Mr Aleck in his role as the CASA Executive Manager of Legal, International and Regulatory Services.

I have distributed this FOI request with the following recipients.

My Local MP, Ms Carina Garland. I am a lifelong resident of the Electorate of Chisholm, and my wife and I have had the opportunity to meet with Ms Garland our local Labor MP.

Ms Garland was assisting me as a constituent, until directed by the Minister Catherine King to discontinue assisting me any further. Irrespective of Ms Garland not being able to assist me and my family, she would be the Subject Matter Expert on this matter in its entirety within the Government, and it essential that I keep her Office fully informed as this matter develops.

I have also included two pilot forums which are referred to later in this correspondence. I have asked one of those forums, being the Aunty Pru Forum to ensure that they include my local MP, Ms Garland in their ongoing mailing list, to ensure that she is fully informed of my matter, and others. My intention is to place CASAs response onto those websites, in order to let the wider community, determine if I have stalked or assaulted CASA staff.

I have requested CASA to approach the police on Mr Carmody’s allegations, for a full investigation but CASA have chosen not to, for their own reasons. If CASA is not prepared to approach the police on the allegations of stalking and assaulting of CASA staff, then CASA should formally withdraw that statement made by the CASA CEO at the time, Mr Shane Carmody.

I have included the CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner for his awareness of this request, although at this stage it needs no involvement from that office, other than to be aware of “what it is that I am seeking from CASA” because that may be the subject of an upcoming complaint from me, although it is not at this stage

Background to this request.

On 20/11/2020 before Senate, Mr Carmody PSM alleged that I had “stalked and assaulted CASA staff.”

I understand that he was able to make those allegations against me in that setting, and I have little recourse against those statements, due to the Parliamentary Privilege afforded him.

When ex CASA CEO Mr Shane Carmody PSM was awarded the Public Service Medal, the citation noted that his actions and conduct had “[i]led to a rebuilding of industry confidence in the regulator[/i].”

It is obvious that the “[i]industry[/i]” had no input into that award. It was understandably a political award, rather than an [i]“industry[/i]” award, or an award based on feedback from the “[i]industry”.[/i]

I do not believe that Mr Carmody PSM should hold that award.

From my personal experience, I found his conduct, not to be in accordance with the obligations placed on him as an employee of the Public Service, the significant position that he held within CASA, and the harm that he caused to me personally.

That is my firmly held opinion.

The purpose of this FOI request is not to work towards financial recompense, what I am seeking is reputational recompense, and in order to achieve that objective, it is necessary that I demonstrate that Mr Carmody PSM was providing false and misleading information to the Senate. I am seeking only reputational recompense, and that is the sole reason for this request.

I have two “core” issues, ongoing with CASA at the moment.

Issue one- CASAs false allegation that I had “stalked and assaulted” CASA staff. The subject of this request.

Issue Two-The decision by CASA that my business of ten years was declared unauthorised and illegal by CASA.

This request is ONLY related to issue one, being the allegation that I have “[i]stalked and assaulted CASA staff”.[/i]

Mr Carmody made an allegation to the Senators that I had “stalked and assaulted CASA staff”.

I absolutely deny this statement. This is not a truthful statement.

Mr Carmody PSM, would have been aware that he was making a false statement to the Senators when he made that statement, because quite simply there would have been no evidence available to him to make that statement.

That statement was made for no other reason than to cause harm to me.

For complete clarity I have never stalked or assaulted any person in my life and have not ever stalked or assaulted any CASA employee. Ever. Be absolutely assured of that.

I am fully satisfied that Mr Carmody deliberately mislead the Senate with the intention to bring harm to me, and my reputation, and to discredit me before industry.

There is an industry forum referred to as Aunty Pru (AP). This forum is operated by two very dedicated volunteers that collate an enormous library of information on CASA and have been an invaluable source of information for me, in relation to my other issue with CASA.

I asked AP if they had a copy of the footage of that presentation where Mr Carmody made that allegation, and they have provided it to me via the attached link.

Quote:From Hansard:

Mr Carmody: I also note a lot of comments that Mr Buckley made, and I'll move on to a couple of others, but I would make the point, and I can back this up, that Mr Buckley indicated that the transition from one team to another was the beginning of the change. A number of senators have referred to that. I won't refer to the team leader's name, who has since left the organisation. What I will tell you is that the team leader applied repeatedly from 2015 to 2018 to be removed from the supervision of Mr Buckley's case because he felt that his team was wilting under the demands and behaviours of Mr Buckley and he felt that his team was captured. So he went to his supervisor and asked that Mr Buckley's matter be allocated to another team, and it was allocated to another team, and it was looked at a lot harder. Now, the fact is that Mr Buckley will say that he had a very pleasant journey with CASA employees over a number of years designing his future. The CASA employees didn't quite see it that way. The CASA employees got to the end of that process and felt that they were not delivering the right outcome, and they asked to be removed from that. Mr Buckley—as you've probably noticed, and you'll notice my emotion in this—has harassed my staff and continues to do so under PPRuNe and just about every other website. He makes unsubstantiated allegations, and I'm quite happy to deal with them. He has assaulted my staff, he has stalked my staff in the Melbourne office and, frankly, we've had enough of him. So the matter is with the Ombudsman, and I'm very, very happy for the matter to stay with the Ombudsman and get resolved. But I will not accept the allegations that are made.

In support of my assertion that I have never stalked or assaulted any person ever in my life, I have attached a Statutory declaration to that effect.

There are now only two possible outcomes.

1. Glen Buckley has made a false statutory declaration, or

2. Mr Shane Carmody made a false and misleading statement to the Senators on 20/11/20

The purpose of this request is to restore my reputation, and my mental health. This entire experience with CASA on both issues has been traumatic on me and my family. I am only seeking the truth.

I have made requests of the current CASA CEO to correct that false statement made to Senate, and for her own reasons she has chosen not to.

What I am ultimately seeking from CASA is the following simple statement. Importantly, I am not requesting that Mr Carmody’s name be published in that statement. My intention is not to harm Mr Carmody’s reputation, but rather to restore my own reputation.

For the information of the CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner, I would potentially be seeking the following statement, be issued by CASA, but I will await the response to this FOI request before proceeding.

[i]“On 20/11/20 before Senate, the CASA CEO at the time made allegations that Mr Glen Buckley had stalked and assaulted CASA staff.[/i]

[i]No allegations of either the stalking or assaulting of CASA staff was ever bought to the attention of the police, at that time, or at any time since.[/i]

[i]CASA now acknowledges that statement to Senate was likely to be false and misleading, and CASA completely withdraws all allegations or suggestions that Mr Buckley has EVER stalked or assaulted any CASA employee/s”.[/i]

The documents that I am seeking.

I am seeking that CASA release all documents that CASA hold that directly relate to the allegation made by the ex-CASA CEO to the Senators that Glen Buckley had either stalked, or assaulted CASA staff.

I am requesting that the response be provided in two separate files to clearly identify which documents are in support of the allegation of stalking CASA employees, and a separate file identifying documents in support of the allegation of assaulting CASA employees.

I anticipate that those documents will have to redacted to some extent, but I am hoping to identify specific dates of stalking and assault.

If in the case of the assault of the CASA employee/s, I am hoping to identify if these incident/s occurred in the presence of any witnesses, and if those witness statements corroborate those allegations.

Any injuries that were incurred by the employees that were assaulted by me.

I ask that the released documents address specificallyc and only the alleged crimes of

· Stalking, and

· Assault

My assumption is that these crimes are most likely to have occurred in my home State of Victoria, therefore my reasonable assumption is that the CASA released documents address those specific crimes only.

As I am trying to protect my own personal reputation that was damaged by CASA, I ask that consideration be given to waiving any associated charges.

Thankyou for your assistance in this matter. To the person within the FOI Office that is dealing with this matter, please be assured that there is no animosity whatsoever towards you, or your office. I appreciate that the “tone” of this letter is somewhat assertive and be assured that it is not directed to you personally.

Respectfully, Glen Buckley

MTF...P2  Tongue

Messages In This Thread
The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Kharon - 04-10-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Peetwo - 05-14-2015, 10:29 AM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Peetwo - 05-21-2015, 08:41 AM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Gobbledock - 05-21-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Kharon - 05-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Civil obedience vs civil disobedience. Have we discovered root cause? - by Gobbledock - 05-21-2015, 09:59 PM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Peetwo - 06-01-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Peetwo - 06-02-2015, 11:02 AM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Peetwo - 08-12-2015, 06:55 PM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Gobbledock - 08-12-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Kharon - 08-13-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Peetwo - 08-15-2015, 10:56 AM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Peetwo - 08-17-2015, 11:34 AM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Kharon - 08-17-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Peetwo - 09-22-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Gobbledock - 09-22-2015, 08:18 PM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Ziggy - 09-22-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: The noble Art - Embuggerance. - by Ziggy - 09-22-2015, 09:05 PM