The Sunday Brunch Gazette.

SBG – pre editorial.http://www.auntypru.com/forum/thread-177...ml#pid9292

There are some interesting questions and notions floating about the place this week ‘K’ has been trying to catch up; but the following observations from the inestimable P2 are worthy of consideration and mention.

I believe the phony war is over; has to be if things are to be settled right. P2 flags the opening salvo’s, and the AOPA battalion are limbering up. Nothing like a war to please the divide and conquer advocates. Hitch needs to be sat down and talked to – very seriously and very honestly. It could just be a fun filled week.

P2 - "In light of yesterday's posts here is hint to what is to come in this week's SBG...

> McDo'Naut and the Iron Ring mole within? Dodgy
>
>     (Yesterday, 12:34 PM)Peetwo Wrote:
>     Hmm...I wonder how much influence his 'aviation adviser' had in the selection of these two individuals? This brings me to my 1st QON for this year's Supp Budget Estimates Q/ How is it not a huge COI that the miniscule has an aviation adviser who was previously an adviser to the CASA CEO Carmody; & prior to that an adviser to the Dept; & prior to that the aviation adviser to former miniscule 6D Chester; and finally prior to that:
>
>         Quote:
>         Manager, Part 61 taskforce, Part 141/142
>         Dates Employed Oct 2015 – Mar 2016
>
>         Employment Duration 6 mos
>         Location Canberra, Australia
>         Manager of CASR Part 141/142 review team.
>         Title Standards Officer (Large aeroplanes)
>         Dates Employed Aug 2013 – Oct 2015
>
>         Employment Duration 2 yrs 3 mos
>         Providing policy guidance and regulation development for the CASR operations suite of regulations.
>
>
>     Does this answer the question on why it is McDo'Naut has done naut on Wagga Summit resolutions and why the Rev Forsyth's review is dead, buried & cremated ??
>
>
> "P2 clear to backtrack!"
>
> Back to my QON... Rolleyes
>
> Backtracking on SC's conflict of interest timeline, I note that shortly after becoming the 'aviation adviser' to Carmody that, along with CC and other CASA/dept officials, SC attended the 17 November 2017 ASAP meeting as an observer: ASAP meeting minutes, 22 November 2017
>
>     Quote:
>     OBSERVERS
>     Mr Steven Campbell Senior Aviation Adviser, Office of the CEO/DAS
>     Civil Aviation Safety Authority
>
>     Mr Shane Carmody Director of Aviation Safety and CEO
>
>     Mr Andreas Marcelja Industry Relations Manager (ASAP Secretariat)
>
>     Mr Jason McHeyzer Regulation Development and Implementation Manager
>
>     Ms Pip Spence Acting Deputy Secretary
>     Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development
>
>     Mr Jim Wolfe General Manager Air Traffic Policy
>     Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development
>
>
> P2 comment: I note that at that meeting amongst issues covered there was discussion about the proposed medical certification policy to be adopted by CASA:
>
>
>     Quote:
>     Meeting outcomes
>
>     The ASAP endorsed a policy approach for a number of important aviation issues at the meeting. The main outcomes from the meeting were:
>
>         Aviation medicals: The ASAP endorsed a proposed policy position for aviation medical certification and noted that CASA intends to implement changes immediately. A further update will be provided once implementation planning has been completed.
>
>         Radio frequency use in low level airspace: The panel endorsed a draft policy position for radio frequency use in low altitude Class G airspace and noted that CASA would undertake public consultation through a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking.
>
>         Flying operations regulations: The ASAP supported the principles behind the flying operations regulations (Parts 91, 119, 121, 135, 133 and 138 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998) and noted each Part would be presented in more detail for consideration and advice, together with a recommendation to form technical working groups to review and support finalisation of the rules.
>
>         Maintenance engineer licensing reform (Part 66): The ASAP endorsed a policy outcomes for the post implementation review of aircraft maintenance engineer licensing. They also agreed to establish a Technical Working Group to develop detailed proposals and support implementation of the reform.
>
>    
> Less than 7 months after that meeting SC is mysteriously binned by Carmody, only to land on his feet again as the Senior Aviation Adviser to the new DPM and miniscule McDo'Naut. Less than 2 months after becoming McDo'Naut's aviation adviser SC attends the Wagga Aviation Summit on behalf of the miniscule and in company with Dept bureaucrat Jim Wolfe. Who just so happened to also be an observer at the ASAP meeting?
>
>     Quote:
>     In addition, the following Important guests are attending:
>
>     1. City of Wagga Wagga Mayor, Councillor Greg Conkey
>     2. Senate RRAT Committee, Senator Slade Brockman
>     3. Senate RRAT Committee Secretary, Dr Jane Thompson
>     4. Senator for Queensland, Senator Fraser Anning
>     5. Senator David Fawcett, Mr Micah Wright-Taylor
>     6. Senator Rex Patrick and Mr Jonathan Sharman
>     7. Department of Infrastructure, Mr Jim Wolfe
>     8. Department of Infrastructure, Melissa Cashman
>     9. Aviation Advisor for the DPM, Mr Stephen Campbell
>     10. CASA Group Manager, Mr Rob Walker
>     11. Airservices Australia, Mr Stephen Angus
>     12. University of New South Wales, Prof Ian Hampson
>     13. iAOPA Secretary-General, Mr Craig Spence
>     14. AOPA Australia Director, Mr Michael Smith
>
>    
> Ironically Mr Wolfe and SC by association would have had close work-related discussions when SC was working for the Dept (prior to Carmody) as an aviation adviser (Western Sydney Airport Division-Airspace and flight path design). Of course prior to that SC was the former miniscule 6D Chester's aviation adviser and the man who was in attendance at the infamous Tamworth Aviation rally - can anyone else see a pattern here?  Angry
>
> Obviously the Dept and CASA believe this guy is worth the substantial coin they have been paying him to be a ministerial mole within. But what about his ability as an aviation adviser?
>
> Fortunately we have a perfect example of Govt policy/legislation etc. (which we can now review) where this wannabe (Mandarin, pollywaffle??) would have had an influence as an expert 'aviation adviser' to the former miniscule 6D Chester.
>
> Remember this?....
&

> ps As a perfect counterpoint to the McDo'Naut's gushing CASA/ASA board additions announcement yesterday, IMO one cannot go past Leadsled on the UP this AM:
>
>
>     Quote:
>     Folks,
>
>
>     It was quite funny reading the actual Ministerial Press Releases, the appointments were all to do with "increasing air safety" or some such S.9A compliant nonsense.
>
>     It seem that everything CASA/Airservices does is in the interests of "more air safety" or some such description. There seems to be a never ending supply of " air safety" to tip into the big "air safety" bucket, without it slopping over the edges and being wasted.
>
>     I have come to the conclusion that this trend will be really appreciated by the clamorous general public, other politicians and the courts, but the Ministerial media staff are not really taking advantage of the punters alleged incessant and voluble demands for "more air safety".
>
>     Accordingly, to comply with the Act and public demand that "safety is our first priority", I expect to see future confirmatory press releases along the following lines:
>
>     1) More air safety to result from new and innovative CASA Executive Rubber Plant Maintenance Contract.
>     2)Air safety to improve with reformed CASA staff coffee and biscuits administration regulation.
>     3) New and agile flexitime arrangements for CASA staff to add more air safety.
>
>     and one that might even have a positive air safety result:
>
>     4) CASA extended Christmas/New Year shutdown to enhance Australian air safety.
>
>     Come on, PR staff, you know you can do it!! Show how dedicated the Minister really is to air safety as his first priority!!!
>
>     Tootle pip!!
>
>  
> Big Grin Big Grin

On 15/09/2018 12:25 AM, David Pennington wrote:
> First from the Senate Estimates thread:
>
>  
>>
>> [Image: image]
>>
>> Senator STERLE: ...I don't even know anyone at Alcoa, except the workers. I've never met the management of Alcoa, and I've got no desire to meet the management from Alcoa, unless they come in here and apologise for shafting the living daylights out of Australian workers. That's the only reason I'd want to. In fact, I want to share this with you, Mr Acting Deputy President. This is not the case, but if Glenn Sterle was the Prime Minister, it'd be sorted very quickly, because the phone call would go through to the management under this feller, Mr Michael Parker, who I've never had the chance of meeting, who is the chairman and managing director, and I'd say: 'Mr Parker, it's the Prime Minister here, Glenn Sterle. I want you to come and have a meeting with me. Jump on the first plane to Canberra—or, even better, if you're too busy I'll come to you,' and, when I got there or he got here, the advisers and the bureaucrats would be out of the room, and his hangers-on taking their notes would all be out of the room, and we would have a man-to-man conversation about the way things happen in Australia. And I can guarantee you one thing: it wouldn't be pleasant, because how the hell can a mongrel—jeez, I could get so wound up here! How can a foreign company come in here, extract our resources—ours; they belong to the Australian people, but I'd normally have no problem with this—have 30 years of continued growth in our state of Western Australia from digging up our bauxite and exporting it around the world, and, by the same token, be frogmarching Australians seafarers off the MV Portland? I said last year and the year before that this was just the thin end of the wedge: 'Here they come to replace them with foreign workers.' And they love this model. Mr Parker, you want to cross your fingers that I never decide to go to the other side and end up as the Prime Minister, because I can tell you I would be around a lot longer than you, Mr Parker from Alcoa.
>>
>> I make no apologies for this. This is disgraceful, disgusting behaviour by a foreign raider. How the hell can they go through our communities in the south-west of Western Australia, Senator Dean Smith, and say, 'Aren't we good people because we might build a set of shades over a playground or something'? I'm told that Alcoa had been a responsible member of the community, but they'd had a shift in management. The previous managers, in my eyes and the workers' eyes, were decent, working human beings who all had the same objectives at the end of the day. There was a family there to consider, trying to pay off a mortgage and put the kids through school and give them the best opportunity and hoping the grandkids would get an even better opportunity.
>>
>> Well, Mr Parker, if this is the way you run your business—in fact, I would like to meet Mr Parker. Oh, I would relish the opportunity, because this man has a lot to answer for. Mr Parker, you should at least have the intestinal fortitude to pick up the phone, call your workers, call your staff, call the ones who have contributed to your company's wealth and to your pay packet. You and all your mates around you are hiding there in Melville in the three-storey building where I attended the other day. They are hiding behind the laws of this land that can take enterprise agreements away from workers and shaft them by 50 per cent to put more money into the grubby pockets of Mr Michael Parker and every one of the other mongrels on the board of Alcoa. What a disgrace.  https://youtu.be/QvcSefQCDGw
> Next from the miniscule's ever popular thread:
>
>> Send not to know for whom the bell tolls;
>>
>> GD – “Joyce has thrown down the gauntlet and it’s going to be a fight to the death”.
>>
>> Aye, but: whose funeral dirge is the band playing? I noted the following headline:-
>>
>> Wagga wipe-out was a warning of voter anger.  (Miranda Devine).
>>
>> Never were truer word penned in relation to Wagga, Mc Donaught is now fair and square on the voters hit list; has to be. His abysmal performance at the AOPA indaba enunciated, very clearly, his inability to deal with matters aeronautical, when you add to that fiasco his current lack of leadership on the airport charges wrangle – a crystal clear picture emerges: that of a little lost sheep, who can’t find his Bo-Peep. Folks in the rural centres ain’t anywhere near daft; the ‘life-style’ is very much more relaxed than that of city folk and they pay attention to what their elected member of parliament is doing and the results ‘on the table’.
>>
>> So far all Mc Donaught has demonstrated is his inability to deal with anything to do with his  role as ‘minister’, let alone resolve problems, like the aeronautical storm in his teacup. I have always found that dealing with any problem early, before it becomes a bigger matter with knock on effects to be a sound policy. If you spill a coffee on the desk; best mop it up straight away, lest the key board ends up in the bin, along with anything else affected.
>>
>> No matter; I reckon – and hope, for their own protection, the good voting folk of Wagga have been paying attention to the total lack of performance not only on their behalf, but on that of the nation has been a grand exhibition of how to do absolutely nothing of benefit to anyone - bar himself. The only recourse available is through the ballot box.
>>
>> Toot – toot.
> &..
>>
>> Via the Oz:
>>
>>
>>     Quote:
>>     Aviation safety boards boosted
>>
>>
>>     [Image: 0caab30b857d19e62c30aa4a11c25053]ROBYN IRONSIDE
>>
>>     Two key appointments will be announced today to Australia’s peak air safety agencies.
>>
>>
>> Hmm...I wonder how much influence his 'aviation adviser' had in the selection of these two individuals? This brings me to my 1st QON for this year's Supp Budget Estimates Q/ How is it not a huge COI that the miniscule has an aviation adviser who was previously an adviser to the CASA CEO Carmody; & prior to that an adviser to the Dept; & prior to that the aviation adviser to former miniscule 6D Chester; and finally prior to that:
>>
>>     Quote:
>>     Manager, Part 61 taskforce, Part 141/142
>>     Dates Employed Oct 2015 – Mar 2016
>>
>>     Employment Duration 6 mos
>>     Location Canberra, Australia
>>     Manager of CASR Part 141/142 review team.
>>     Title Standards Officer (Large aeroplanes)
>>     Dates Employed Aug 2013 – Oct 2015
>>
>>     Employment Duration 2 yrs 3 mos
>>     Providing policy guidance and regulation development for the CASR operations suite of regulations.
>>
>>
>> Does this answer the question on why it is McDo'Naut has done naut on Wagga Summit resolutions and why the Rev Forsyth's review is dead, buried & cremated ?
> And from the airports thread:
>
>> McDo'Naut does naut on airports vs airlines war - Part IV
>>
>> Via the Oz today:
>>
>>     Quote:
>>     Airport probe exposes rift
>>     [Image: d17a2b78e8ecbf1eb684d6c463c77151]ROBYN IRONSIDE
>>     The Productivity Commission inquiry into the economic regulation of airports has exposed tensions between airlines and airports.
>>
> Then off the alphabets:
>  
>> TAAAF and the ASAP show their true colours -   Confused
>
> Which was followed up by Hitch in this week's LMH;
>
>> LMH 14 Sep 2018: Ructions amongst the lobby groups and the Wings Awards are announced.

Messages In This Thread
The Sunday Brunch Gazette. - by Kharon - 11-13-2016, 11:07 AM
RE: The Sunday Brunch Gazette. - by Sandy Reith - 11-13-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: The Sunday Brunch Gazette. - by Kharon - 11-14-2016, 06:26 AM
RE: The Sunday Brunch Gazette. - by Peetwo - 11-14-2016, 08:25 PM
RE: The Sunday Brunch Gazette. - by Gobbledock - 11-14-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: The Sunday Brunch Gazette. - by Kharon - 11-15-2016, 05:43 AM
RE: The Sunday Brunch Gazette. - by Kharon - 11-20-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: The Sunday Brunch Gazette. - by thorn bird - 11-24-2016, 08:02 AM
RE: The Sunday Brunch Gazette. - by Gobbledock - 11-24-2016, 11:59 AM
RE: The Sunday Brunch Gazette. - by Gobbledock - 11-25-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: The Sunday Brunch Gazette. - by Kharon - 11-27-2016, 08:07 AM