"The' Chambers Report.

(10-21-2015, 03:42 PM)Peetwo Wrote:  PelAir - 'Lest we forget' Part II

I note that in the very entertaining Estimate's session on Monday, that there was several references to the PelAir cover-up & indeed the "Chambers Report"... Confused

From CASA Hansard:

Quote:Senator FAWCETT:  ...In coming back to your regulatory philosophy, you are saying that CASA is committed to maintaining the trust of the Australian aviation community. One of the biggest breaches of trust recently was the ATSB investigation into the Pel-Air report where CASA maintained that the internal investigation, the Chambers report, the fatigue risk management report and the special audit were not necessarily pertinent. I think the term was they were a private, internal report. Now that ATSB has reopened that investigation could you assure the committee that it is your intention to share all that information about the inadequacies of CASA's oversight at the time with the team so that the new report reflects not just the actions of the pilot but the inadequate supervision of the organisation and the self-identified inadequacies of CASA at the time?

Mr Skidmore : I think it is fair to say that we have provided all the information that the ATSB has requested of us and we will take into account any recommendations that come out of the investigation.

Senator FAWCETT: Would it be your view that a report like the Chambers report should have been provided to ATSB voluntarily?

Mr Skidmore : I was not there at the time. It is very unfair for me to be making a statement of the organisation of the past.

Mr Aleck : One of the significant amendments we have made to the MOU with the ATSB is to put beyond doubt the kind of information that can and should be provided on request, or sometimes voluntarily. As you may recall, the existence of the Chambers report was conveyed to the ATSB. The circumstances under which that happened probably were not as concrete as they certainly will be in future.

Senator FAWCETT: Mr Aleck, I think you might recall Mr Dolan found out about it 30 minutes before he appeared before the Senate committee because he had overheard the evidence where we had dug it out of half a truck load of cardboard boxes that CASA had dumped on our doorstep. I do not accept the contention that they knew about it before the report was issued; in fact, the Canadian peer review confirms that was not the case.

Mr Aleck : I will not challenge that except to say that I believe the former director gave evidence that he had mentioned this to Mr Dolan. Now, he might not have mentioned it by the term Chambers report, because that was a term that came into existence afterwards, but I think the information about some inquiry having been made internally had been conveyed. I guess the major point is that that kind of thing should not happen again under the new arrangements.

Senator FAWCETT: I am very pleased to hear that...

That last passage is quite remarkable and hopefully will now result in 'natural justice' for the living victims of the Pelair ditching & hopefully recompense for DJ's anguish.

The most reassuring fact from the above Hansard excerpts is that the Senators (in particular DF & NX) will not allow the passage of time to dilute the serious aviation safety issues & deficiencies highlighted in the findings & recommendations of the Senate AAI (PelAir) Inquiry. 

TBC..P2  

Cont/-

While on the subject of the Chambers Report I had a...light bulb moment?  Idea ...from this bollocks from Doc A off the Hansard:
Quote:...[b]Mr Aleck : One of the significant amendments we have made to the MOU with the ATSB is to put beyond doubt the kind of information that can and should be provided on request, or sometimes voluntarily. As you may recall, the existence of the Chambers report was conveyed to the ATSB. The circumstances under which that happened probably were not as concrete as they certainly will be in future....

..Mr Aleck : I will not challenge that except to say that I believe the former director gave evidence that he had mentioned this to Mr Dolan. Now, he might not have mentioned it by the term Chambers report, because that was a term that came into existence afterwards, but I think the information about some inquiry having been made internally had been conveyed. I guess the major point is that that kind of thing should not happen again under the new arrangements... [/b]

Casting my mind back to the latter part of the PelAir Inquiry there was a CASA supplementary submission, that partly due to its late arrival only received scant attention -
2nd Supplementary Submission of CASA 

I remembered that this submission was largely a rather cynical attempt by CASA to discredit  Ben Cook's FRMS Special audit report and to defend their actions in withholding both the Special Audit report & the Chambers report.

However there was also a part where McComic preceded to try to throw Dolan under the bus, with the obvious aim to absolve CASA of all responsibility for the PelAir Duck-up, refer para 4.8-4.10  Confused

[Image: DAS-1.jpg]

[Image: DAS-2.jpg]

Now refer to the Doc Aleck Hansard excerpt (above) and it now becomes quite obvious who the architect & author was of that spin & bulldust supplementary submission - that's nasty Doc Confused

Hmm..guess that means the Doc doesn't think much of the MH370 super sleuth mi..mi..Muppet; & the BSW are alive & well in Can'tberra  Big Grin

MTF...P2 Tongue

Messages In This Thread
"The' Chambers Report. - by P7_TOM - 10-02-2015, 06:38 PM
RE: "The' Chambers Report. - by P7_TOM - 10-02-2015, 06:38 PM
RE: "The' Chambers Report. - by P1_aka_P1 - 10-02-2015, 08:29 PM
RE: "The' Chambers Report. - by Gobbledock - 10-02-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: "The' Chambers Report. - by Peetwo - 10-03-2015, 10:57 AM
RE: "The' Chambers Report. - by Kharon - 10-04-2015, 06:29 AM
RE: "The' Chambers Report. - by Peetwo - 10-04-2015, 12:17 PM
RE: "The' Chambers Report. - by Kharon - 10-05-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: "The' Chambers Report. - by Gobbledock - 10-16-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: "The' Chambers Report. - by Kharon - 10-17-2015, 07:44 AM