Of Mandarins & Minions.

Aww, c'mon guys, what a game they play.
It must be the only game in town where you can't lose.
No need for aces up the sleeve or a marked deck, even
when the hand has been played and your directorship has been lost.
Do you have to leave the game when you can no longer anti up?
Apparently not, your title disappears, but whats in a title? You can
stay in the background, snout firmly in the trough.
Even the underlings know how to play that game.
Retire, cash in your super, pay off your negative geared property
portfolio and hire back on as a "Consultant"
What a nice little earner!
Buggrit, I'm just jealous I never developed the skills required to
cheat at cards.

Enough of the Hollowmen & AIOS - FDS!

In the latest Ferryman Sunday ramble sums up the aviation safety bureaucracy 'paradox': 

Quote:Kharon - Irresistible force paradox.

"Wiki – “The paradox arises because it rests on two incompatible premises: that there can exist simultaneously such things as irresistible forces and immovable objects. The "paradox" is flawed because if there exists an irresistible force, it follows logically that there cannot be any such thing as an immovable object and vice versa”.

Despite the paradox – we need to move an immovable object. Difficult task; but, move it we must.

Personally I think this could be applied across a much wider spectrum of the Federal bureaucracy and is systematic of more than a decade of successive poor governance and direction at an executive government level,  Sandy dubs it the 'Canberra disease' and Ventus reckons it is a syndrome i.e. "acquired institutionalised ostrichitis syndrome" (AIOS).

[Image: crisis.gif]

We have seen this syndrome/disease perfectly highlighted, humiliatingly on the international public record, by the latest in the ongoing shambolic management by the ATSB of the MH370 SIO search:
(08-19-2016, 07:00 AM)Peetwo Wrote:  Byron chucks another rock on the ATSB roof - Confused  

&..more recently MH370 & the latest ATSB bollocks

The embarrassing, shameful saga of the ATSB, shrouded in controversy and constantly in the MH370 international media spotlight, combined with the Oz aviation safety administration, typifies the bureaucratic basket case the aviation industry in this country has become.. Dodgy Which IMO is summed up quite nicely by Alex off the Oz BB blog:
Quote:Alexander 1 hour ago

By their silence Qantas, Virgin, Jetstar and Tiger have maintained their three wise monkeys stance (hear no, see no, speak no evil) so as not to offend their master CASA. Much easier to jack up the airfares to pay for the irrational, erratic and costly procedures of an all powerful but dysfunctional bureaucracy than to take a principled stand. Small aviation businesses have been taxed and ground down with unworkable rules so much so that foreign pilots are now hired on the 457 working visa list. John C points to one of the symptoms of bureaucracy, the aversion to egg on face. Very good reasons for this aversion, huge salaries and amazing working conditions. Not to mention that in the scramble by Ministers to distance themselves from responsibility governments of both stripes have created numerous independent statutory bodies like CASA.

What we've been slow to perceive is that they are not public servants at all (not subject to the Public Governance and Service Act), but a new breed of self serving bodies whose main preoccupation is to cover their failings and protect their Minister while indulging on the public purse. Alex in the Rises.
Without any smug satisfaction I can say yet again, the day they put that former mandarin's Muppet Beaker in charge of MH370, it was always doomed to end in tears... Confused

MTF...P2  Tongue

The proof of the pudding????

Mathematics our very own K's forte:

This is a strictly ..... mathematical viewpoint... and it goes like this:

What Makes 100% ????

What does it mean to give MORE than 100% ????

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100% ??? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.

How about achieving 103% ???

What makes up 100% in life ???

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

And

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But ,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

And,

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty, that while Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you 100% there.

Its the Bullshit and Ass Kissing that will put you over the top and CAsA are the living proof of this!!!!

Now you know why despicable me MrDak's minions are where they are!

Have you ever seen a better explanation than this formula???
Except how true it is.....apologies to purist mathematicians such as K, I was never was much good at two times two.

Speaking from a purely mathematical perspective; I can, without hesitation, confirm the Thorny calculations are correct. Furthermore; his assessment of the applied formulae are accurate, except in the Casorwellian discipline, there is no requirement to resolve the vexed question of two+ two.

That equation is a reverse onus conundrum where the answer (four) is provided but a random number set is the question; you must, no matter how, reduce the random elements to the required, preordained result. The art form is in shuffling the numbers to loose the inconvenient ones, those which bugger up mathematical logic and fudge the rest so that it looks very much like a real result. Simple enough, and demonstrates the requisite ability to cheat, lie and get away with it.

Those with integrity and a pawky sensaumor have no chance. That rules you and your lamp-shade out of the through dwellers examination mate. Nice one-

Toot – LOL – toot.

Bolivian Minister Kidnapped, "Savagely Beaten To Death" By Striking Mineworkers

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-26...ineworkers

I guess this is where the world is headed when the 'little bloke' has a gutful of being screwed over by greedy governments. I can see the likelihood of these sorts of events become more frequent. You can only push people so far.......

"Malcolm 'Goldman Sachs' Turnbull has finally 'outed' himself and shown that he is exactly what we thought; "another puppet for the international Banksters".

Here he is at the G20 the other day;

https://mishtalk.com/2016/09/06/australi...apitalism/

No wonder aviation doesn't stand a chance. Turnbull wants to civilise capitalism. Well the term 'Civilised capitalism' means more poverty for the middle class. It means more control over everyone by the enlightened few oligarchs. That is their true civilised goal. Whenever you see "civilise" used as a verb that means "kill everyone who stands in your way". These clowns are starting to panic.

Capitalism has different versions and they all fail, as this one is failing now.

Capitalism mark 1 – Unfettered Capitalism; Crashed and burned in 1929 with a global recession in the 1930s.

The New Deal and Keynesian ideas promised a bright new world;
Capitalism mark 2 – Keynesian Capitalism. Ended with stagflation in the 1970s.

Market led Capitalism ideas promised a bright new world;
Capitalism mark 3 - Unfettered Capitalism (Part 2 – Market led Capitalism. Crashed and burned in 2008 with a global recession in the 2010s.

It has followed the same path as Unfettered Capitalism (Mark 1); 1920s/2000s - high inequality, high banker pay, low regulation, low taxes for the wealthy, robber barons (CEOs), reckless bankers, globalisation phase

• 1929/2008 - Wall Street crash

• 1930s/2010s - Global recession, currency wars, rising nationalism and extremism

Unfettered Capitalism has a catastrophic failure mode and dressing it up in the Emperor’s New Clothes of supply side economics didn’t make a blind bit of difference.
We've done Neo-Keynesian stimulus. After eight years of pumping trillions into the top of the economic pyramid, banks, and waiting for it to trickle down. It didn’t work, hardly anything trickled down.

Using the same old tired thinking, negative interest rates are the only way to go when rates have already reached zero.

After four decades of supply side economics it’s all supply and no demand and all the money has concentrated at the top;
2016 – “Richest 62 people as wealthy as half of world’s population”. All that money to invest but nowhere to invest it as demand is so subdued; this version of capitalism has failed miserably.

Turnbull is leading us through a national debt of $400 billion and within 14 years it will reach $1 trillion. In part it is due to the legacy of greed inflicted on humanity by the organisations on Wall Street. The 'white shoe brigade' include Goldman, and Malcolm was a high level player in that organisation. Do you think a greed loving self opinionated prat from Point Piper really gives a shit about humanity, let alone aviation. Yes, aviation - hard working folk (IOS) being royally screwed by successive governments  and the likes of Turnbull and Co. One can only hope that the Styx River Houseboat picks him up early like it did his old man. Spend up now Malcolm, as you saw with daddy it doesn't matter how much money you have, you can't take it with you, especially if you check-out early!

TICK TOCK

Soft, good Gobbledock, softly now.

It has always been the same, since the cave and we have not really progressed very far from that.  Capitalism was rife even then, the bloke with the best bow killed the most food and flogged it off to those less fortunate.  Mind you, he’d have to be able to beat all challengers to keep his market share, a fellah with a less bow but a better shot would create competition.  Market share was the ultimate prize, worth fighting for.  There was no court and even less police about in the far away days; so if the better shot bloke couldn’t fight for nuts; or, run faster than the irate competitor, it was the devil take the hindmost.  But it was food, skirt and dominion which caused the troubles; sod all to do with some girl, a snake and an apple.  Food was a real winner, the ability to provide it created all manner of evil, little cooperatives developing, keeping the hungry under obligation, bartering ‘two spuds and carrot for that old dinosaur leg’ – and not only was trading developed.  The notion of theft – crime and punishment grew from one crowd pinching and the other crew getting cranky about it.  War was learned then, a dozen or so would head over the hill to raid only to be met by a dozen or so equally determined not have the lumber lifted.

The old gene-pool urges still rule. Competition for a ‘mate’ is another factor which must be acknowledged as a potential source of troubles.  “K” says that is where the notion of political correctness stemmed from; he reckons the first bloke who realised that dragging a trophy along by the ankle was the wrong way to do it and developed the more traditional by the hair method was on a winner; as it prevented gravel rash and ‘clogging’.  Even so, the need to demonstrate an ability to ‘provide’ and ‘defend’ was more visible back then, more open, less complex; still essential but much simpler back then.

Dominion is the last part in todays history snap-shot.  It just makes good sense to have your own people about, dependent on you for all.  This was, back in the cave days easy enough to arrange; the man with the bow ruled; well thought he ruled; but, he was beholden to the ‘fire-makers’ and so the notion of negotiation was born; deals were struck.  The fire chaps only needed to collect enough wood to keep the flame alive and they held great power – until the chappie with the bow learned how to do it – or stole the secret.  More trouble.

There is nothing new; it’s just a little more sophisticated now; but scrape the surface and you will see, just under the veneer, with very few exceptions, life is still as dangerous, fickle and dirty as it ever was back in the day. Despite the wars, despite the great notions of freedom, despite the great leaders and their wonderful ideas of ‘how it should be’, despite the speeches and rhetoric, despite the mystique and promises of ‘religion’, despite the illusion of freedom, we have not really progressed very far at all from the first people who sat in their cave at night wondering how to survive the next day and get junior a new bow string.

All very tongue in cheek and completely frivolous you understand.  But you do get the point, don’t you?  

Perhaps not; I’ll just sit here by the fire a while and mumble into my ale.

Innovation and investment - err which century??

Q/ Who was it that once said? Confused

"Friends, these are the most exciting times to be alive," he said.
"The growth of the global economy has never been so large or so rapid. It is not just the scale of growth, it is the pace of it.
"The opportunities will be seized by those that are innovative, agile, courageous, prepared to invest, and take risks."

Yes you guessed it old Goldman-Sachs Malcolm himself. Although when you read the following Binger article, in today's the Oz, you got to wonder when exactly all this innovating and investment is actually going to happen - well for the aviation industry at least... Huh   

Quote:Dick Smith $1m air race prize: government ‘lacks imagination’

[Image: 8b2a85e3a09ce627911ea078ddeaa621.jpg]

Keith and Ross Smith completed the 1919 flight from England to Australia.
  • Mitchell Bingemann
  • The Australian
  • 12:00AM September 9, 2016
    @Mitch_Hell
    [img=0x0]http://pixel.tcog.cp1.news.com.au/track/component/author/4c134add4c3a9e4881f7841b69d9ac85/?esi=true&t_product=the-australian&t_template=s3/austemp-article_common/vertical/author/widget&td_bio=false[/img]
Businessman and aviator Dick Smith has lamented the government’s “lack of imagination” for failing to commit financial incentives or support for an electric-powered air race from England to Australia to spur on innovation in aviation.

Mr Smith is willing to stump up $1 million of his own money to support the initiative which would be timed to coincide with the 100-year anniversary of the first ­England to Australia Air Race.

Mr Smith had wanted the government to match his offer of a $1m prize but so far he has not ­received any commitment that it would do so.

He says he will now direct that money to a charity.

“It’s just all talk with this government,’’ Mr Smith said.

“It seems you need three years of talking before anything can get done. Where’s the ­action?”

“I wish we had Billy Hughes back who came up with the idea for the 1919 England to Australia flight and put up £10,000 prizemoney. That was a prime minister who understood innovation.”

The 1919 event drew six competitors but only one — headed by captain Ross Smith and his brother Keith as navigator — ­finished within the allotted 30-day time limit.

The only other plane to complete the journey took 206 days, but the event was deemed a success because the 27-day, 20-hour effort by the Smiths was extraordinary at the time.

“I have this idea to repeat the race 100 years later — but this time put a different angle on it, that it’s the fastest plane that can get from England to Australia that is electrically powered,” Mr Smith wrote to then industry, ­innovation and science minister Christopher Pyne and major projects minister Paul Fletcher in March.

“At the present time this just can’t be done, as the greatest range aeroplane is about 300 nautical miles and the pilot would need at least 400 to fly from Timor to Australia.”

Both Mr Pyne and Mr Fletcher expressed interest in the idea with the latter describing it as “an ­exciting concept”.

“I will raise with Christopher Pyne in the first instance — I’ll come back to you in a few days to let you know status,” Mr Fletcher said in March.

But since those letters to the government in March, Mr Smith says the line has gone cold.

Mr Smith wrote to the new Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science, Greg Hunt, late last month, but claims he has been passed on to Transport Minister Darren Chester.

“There appears to be a consistent lack of any leadership or decision-making by all ministers,’’ Mr Smith said.

“How can a minister that has the word ‘innovation’ in his job description just forward it on to a colleague who will clearly do nothing.’’

A spokeswoman for Mr Chester said the minister had met Mr Smith in the past and appreciated his passion for Australian aviation.

“The minister’s office has ­received correspondence from Mr Smith in relation to the proposed air race and the minister would be happy to have further discussions regarding the support he requires, if any, from the government,” the spokeswoman said.

Got to agree with Dick here, if the proposal has been hand balled to DDD Chester then it is probably in a terminal spiral dive for oblivion... Dodgy

MTF...P2  Cool

Dick Smith questions submarine project, says plans are 'ludicrous' and 'we're being conned'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-13...er/7837946

Now Miniscule Chester recently thanked Dick for his passion for aviation, so hopefully he will thank Dick for his interest in Submarines too?

You see Dick has great business sense. But he can also spot a lemon at 1000 yards while wearing a blindfold. Me thinks that Dick can see some of his hard paid tax money being pissed away on another Submarine fiasco, oh so reminiscent of the Collins Sub debacle, and pretty much anything that Defence puts it's hands on. I wonder if the $50b contract has the standard 10% variations cost added in that figure? No matter, it will blow out, no doubt about it. It's only money, just add it to the AUS $400b deficit that is climbing. But the main thing is that somebody will benefit handsomely from the deal. Who? Well, too many to mention, but rest assured the long suffering taxpayer won't be one of the beneficiaries! But don't worry, the company, DCNS, will do ok. And so will it's 35% owner - Thales!! Wow, these guys sure have a lot of fingers in a lot of pies. They are assisting Electric Blue to the tune of $1.5b, not to mention other contracts past, present and future. What do you say Malcolm, do you like pie? Well I'm sure you do as Goldman Sachs employees always get to dine on tasty pies, just look at Malcolm's oven it is overfilling with $200m worth of pies.

You gotta love the military industrialist complex, it may have originated with Uncle Sam but it is alive and well down under!

FOOTNOTE:
A project of this magnitude required lots of 'advisors' and 'consultants'. I wonder if Houstoblame with all his 'practical experience', project successes and spiffy white uniform, will be called upon to 'consult'?
Just musing..........

The Senator Leyonhjelm RED TAPE inquiry?

Yesterday in the Senate LDP Senator Leyonhjelm put forward a motion for a 'select' committee inquiry into RED TAPE. Some of the ToR would have Murky and his aviation safety minions, in particular the CASA Iron Ring, hoping that the Senator's motion will not get up:   

Quote:Senator LEYONHJELM (New South Wales) (15:46): I move:

(1) That a select committee, to be known as the Red Tape Committee, be established to inquire into and report on, by 1 December 2017, the effect of restrictions and prohibitions on business (red tape) on the economy and community, with particular reference to:

(a) the effects on compliance costs (in hours and money), economic output, employment and government revenue, with particular attention to industries, such as mining, manufacturing, tourism and agriculture, and small business;
(b) any specific areas of red tape that are particularly burdensome, complex, redundant or duplicated across jurisdictions;
© the impact on health, safety and economic opportunity, particularly for the low­-skilled and disadvantaged;
(d) the effectiveness of the Abbott, Turnbull and previous governments' efforts to reduce red tape;
(e) the adequacy of current institutional structures (such as Regulation Impact Statements, the Office of Best Practice Regulation and red tape repeal days) for achieving genuine and permanent reductions to red tape;
(f) alternative institutional arrangements to reduce red tape, including providing subsidies or tax concessions to businesses to achieve outcomes currently achieved through regulation;
(g) how different jurisdictions in Australia and internationally have attempted to reduce red tape; and
(h) any related matters.

(2) That the committee consist of 7 senators, 2 nominated by the Leader of the Government in the Senate, 1 nominated by the Leader of the Opposition in the Senate, 1 nominated by the Leader of the Australian Greens, and 3 to be nominated by other parties and independent senators.

(3) That:

(a) participating members may be appointed to the committee on the nomination of the Leader of the Government in the Senate, the Leader of the Opposition in the Senate, the Leader of the Australian Greens or any other party or any independent senator;
(b) participating members may participate in hearings of evidence and deliberations of the committee, and have all the rights of members of the committee, but may not vote on any questions before the committee; and
© a participating member shall be taken to be a member of the committee for the purpose of forming a quorum of the committee.

(4) That 3 members of the committee constitute a quorum of the committee.

(5) That the committee may proceed to the dispatch of business notwithstanding that all members have not been duly nominated and appointed and notwithstanding any vacancy.

(6) That the committee elect as chair and deputy chair a member nominated by the aforementioned other parties and independent senators.

(7) That the deputy chair shall act as chair when the chair is absent from a meeting of the committee or the position of chair is temporarily vacant.

(8) That the chair, or the deputy chair when acting as chair, may appoint another member of the committee to act as chair during the temporary absence of both the chair and deputy chair at a meeting of the committee.

(9) That, in the event of an equality of voting, the chair, or the deputy chair when acting as chair, has a casting vote.

(10) That the committee have power to send for and examine persons and documents, to move from place to place, to sit in public or in private, notwithstanding any prorogation of the Parliament or dissolution of the House of Representatives, and have leave to report from time to time its proceedings, the evidence taken and such interim recommendations as it may deem fit.

(11) That the committee be provided with all necessary staff, facilities and resources and be empowered to appoint persons with specialist knowledge for the purposes of the committee with the approval of the President.

(12) That the committee be empowered to print from day to day such documents and evidence as may be ordered by it, and a daily Hansard be published of such proceedings as take place in public.
Question agreed to.
Personally I hope it does because I can sense several worthy submissions that the Alphabets (and indeed even PAIN itself) that could prove evidentiary and useful in Senator Leyonhjelm's quest to reduce RED TAPE and regulatory burden to industries such as aviation... Rolleyes
MTF...P2 Tongue

The case of the diminishing trough - 4 little piggies built a trough made of straw......

FOUR former federal politicians have lost their High Court challenge over reduced post-parliamentary perks.

"They argued their entitlements under the Superannuation Act and to a life gold travel pass were their property which had been acquired by the Commonwealth other than on the just terms required by a section in the constitution".

More of this pathetic story below;

http://www.news.com.au/national/courts-l...751c56d31W

And these grubs wonder why society is rebelling against them? How much is enough. The nerve, arguing against the constitution claiming they should keep these rorts.

Here is a message to these parasites;
- What about the pensioners unable to pay soaring electricity costs, where are their 'entitlements', especially when the pensioner worked hard all their life only to lose most of their super due to the collapse of a greedy financial system that is supported by even an greedier political system?
- What about single parents caring for severely to totally disabled children, unable to claim assistance and having to work? Forced to work so that their tax money can pay for the costs of you fuckers to receive free life business travel and other privileges based upon the years you spent in government rorting the system! Where are their 'entitlements' and freebies?
- Where is the compensation or 'entitlements' for an innocent hard working nurse permanently injured in an aircraft crash that she had absolutely no contributing part of, and she gets screwed, bullied, intimidated and
robbed of just and fair compensation?
- Where are the 'entitlements' and life freebies for the endless hard working non remunerated charities, volunteers and decent caring human beings?

You mention the constitution! The 'constitution' should protect society from these sorts of unconstitutional perks, rorts and taxpayer theft....you disgusting vermin. Piss on you.

Why doesn't someone nuke Can'tberra?

Oink toot oink an viva le revolution.

Chester ignores industry pleas! Dodgy 

Background: Earlier today Dazzling Dazza announced the final nail in the "GA Sector" coffin:

Quote:Major study of General Aviation sector

Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Darren Chester today announced a major study will be undertaken to identify priorities for General Aviation (GA) in the future...blahblahblah.&.bollocks Dodgy  

Here is the ToR written for Chester courtesy of Murky Mandarin & his minions: 
Quote:Methodology:

The study will involve both a quantitative analysis of available statistical data on GA activity as well as a qualitative analysis of information provided by industry and Government agency participants, and other relevant sources.

This information will include consultation with key industry participants in addition to the existing annual Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics—General Aviation Activity Survey.

Terms of Reference:

The Terms of Reference for the study are to:
  • define the scope, and provide an overview of, the GA industry;
  • profile significant sectors of the GA industry, including case studies of particular GA businesses;
  • examine trends in GA activity over the past decade including amongst different types of GA operations;
  • identify the key economic, demographic and regulatory factors behind these trends;
  • undertake a comparison of the Australian GA industry with comparable aviation nations (e.g. USA, Canada, NZ);
  • outline the key challenges facing the GA industry; and
  • outline opportunities for the GA industry and Government to respond to these challenges.
Timeframe:

Completed by 30 June 2017

And here is a general summary and commentary so far off Chester's AP thread & via Binger at the Oz:
(10-28-2016, 07:40 AM)Peetwo Wrote:  Like a broken record - Angry

Obfuscation rule 101: When you really don't want to do anything but still want to look good in front of the cameras and be seen to be politically proactive, what do you do? - Call a review - FDS! Dodgy    

(10-27-2016, 08:46 PM)Gobbledock Wrote:  'K';

It’s an open secret that DDDD is going to release a ‘statement’ tomorrow;

Will he announce that he is switching hair products? Perhaps he will announce that all Ministers now have selfie sticks included in their annual allowances? Maybe he will announce that he finally knows the phonetic alphabet which will assist him to have 'meaningful dialect with industry stakeholders'? Or will he announce that CAsA will be renamed and receive a new set of Ministerial expectations? Which is the usual response when they are in deep shit and need a quick, easy deflection from the real issues!

Will Chester write his own media release, or will the kiddies in PMC write it for him? Guess we know the answer to that.

Can't wait to compare Creepy's and Bingers analysis of this exciting announcement! Something tells me it will be chalk and cheese.

'Safe, well scripted bogus announcements for all'.

Here we go:

Quote:Review may halt sector’s dive

[Image: 5a698aad3fe4b1c3f1bdd4a466863255]12:00amMITCHELL BINGEMANN

The federal government is planning a major review to assess the forces destroying Australia’s general aviation sector.

The federal government will kick off a major review today to assess the forces destroying Australia’s once-vibrant general aviation sector, which is being strangled by red tape and onerous costs.

Infrastructure and Transport Minister Darren Chester will announce the review, which will be conducted by the Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics.

“I am keen to remove barriers to growth in this vital part of the aviation industry, including reducing costs and regulatory burden,” Mr Chester said.

“General aviation has a rich history in Australia and I’m confident it can have a prosperous future. This study will help get the public policy right to support growth in the sector.”

As part of the study the Civil Aviation Safety Authority will also be ordered to review private pilot medical requirements, a key issue for the GA sector.

The government said the study will cover a range of issues, including “assessing the key drivers and influences on the sector”.

“That means identifying trends, what the economic, demographic, and regulatory factors behind these trends are, as well as outlining the key challenges facing the industry,” Mr Chester said

Representatives from the GA sector will be offered the opportunity to assist with the work. Mr Chester will also ask the General Aviation Action Group, formerly a subgroup of the Aviation Industry Consultative Council, to report directly to him in future.

“The action group will also act as a reference group for the BITRE general aviation study,” Mr Chester said. “I am looking forward to seeing the results of this study as we work with industry and other key stakeholders on the common goal of a safe, growing and sustainable Australian general aviation industry.”

The review comes after months of vocal dissent from industry groups including the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and the Australian Aviation Associations Forum, which have railed against what they describe as the death of Australian general aviation.

Earlier this year the AOPA — which represents 2600 general aviation aircraft owners and pilots in private, commercial charter and airline operations across Australia — issued its 130-page Eureka report, a scathing indictment of aviation bureaucracies that blamed creeping over-regulation for a dramatic decline in aircraft movements at secondary airports, a drastic reduction in aviation mechanical engineering apprenticeships and the destruction of small aviation businesses.

The review comes after The Australian revealed data in August — collated by AOPA using CASA, Department of Industry, Innovation and Science and Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics sources — showing the number of GA pilots in Australia had plummeted 34 per cent (by about 8000 licensees) since 2000. In the same period aviation fuel consumption fell 35 per cent. Aircraft registrations fell 13 per cent since 2000 and 53 per cent since 2007.

AOPA executive director Ben Morgan said the review would finally put an end to the debate regarding the large-scale decline of Australian general aviation.

“For too long general aviation has suffered under an overly bureaucratic regulatory framework that has driven up costs, reduced competitiveness and sent businesses broke,” Mr Morgan told The Australian. “The minister now has a unique opportunity to hit the reset button and to address the significant declines that have been caused by regulatory mismanagement.”

DDDD -“I am keen to remove barriers to growth in this vital part of the aviation industry, including reducing costs and regulatory burden,” Mr Chester said.

“General aviation has a rich history in Australia and I’m confident it can have a prosperous future. This study will help get the public policy right to support growth in the sector.”

Huh - Hmmm...why does that sound so familiar - Huh

Who was it that once said - In doing this, I acknowledge the concerns being expressed by some sectors of the aviation industry, in particular general and regional aviation, about the costs of regulatory compliance and how outcomes of the current aviation safety regulatory reform programme compare with regulatory approaches in other countries.

Here's a hint:

&..
Quote:Release of the Report of the Aviation Safety Regulation Review

On 3 June 2014, the former Deputy Prime Minister released the Report of the Aviation Safety Regulation Review.

For the miniscule IMO it is worth reflecting on this bit of advice (via Proaviation) from TAAAF some months ago Rolleyes :

Quote:Welcome back Minister, now let’s get on with it!

The Australian Aviation Associations Forum has welcomed Infrastructure and Transport Minister Darren Chester on his reappointment to what he  describes as “this critical ministerial position for Australia’s economy, job creation and the aviation industry.”

But the TAAAF’s welcome comes with a continued push for the Minister to steer back onto the course mapped out by the Forsyth Review’s 37 recommendations.

The TAAAF is a broad-ranging group of separate industry bodies representing aircraft owners & pilots, aerial agricultural/application industry, aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul businesses, business aviation operators, charter and flying training organisations, UAV (“drone”) operators, helicopter services, regional airlines, and sport fliers including homebuilt, gliders, warbird and other recreational aviators.

All TAAAF members are urging the Minister, “as a matter of priority, to issue a strong Statement of Expectations to CASA to specifically reinforce the primacy of the CASA Board.

“Forum participants highlight the value of creating a new partnership with industry, as outlined in the Forum 2016 aviation policy and continue to be disappointed with the lack of action in critical areas from CASA.

“The Forum expresses frustration at the disarray of the regulatory system, with new regulations likely to continue to remove jobs and opportunities from the industry through increased costs for no safety outcome.

“The Forum calls on the Minister to direct the CASA Board to establish a small joint industry action taskforce to fix clearly identified problems.

“The work program of the taskforce must include urgent remedies especially for CAO 48.1, but also CASR Parts 61/141/142/ 101/121/135 and the aviation medical area.

“The Forum identifies significant cultural change and systemic issues that are still not being corrected and which require immediate attention by the CASA Board.

“In particular, the Forum expresses continuing concern with the lack of progress in the genuine implementation of the previously-agreed Forsyth recommendations and would welcome the re-engagement of Mr David Forsyth to conduct a review and public report on actual outcomes to date.

“In addition, there remain many outstanding issues of concern that are yet to be resolved including:
  • Fitment schedule of ADS-B in Australia
  • Lack of harmonisation of Australian regulations with our major trading partners
  • Negative training impacts on both flying training and maintenance providers
  • Proposed deregulation of RPAS (‘drones’) below 2 kg and even up to 25kg
  • Non-standardisation of CASA regulatory interpretations between regions
“The TAAAF Aviation Policy 2016 provides a wide range of appropriate expert advice on aviation issues and the TAAAF participants recommend the policies to the Government for further consultation and implementation.”

David Forsyth’s government-commissioned Aviation Safety Regulation Review clearly identified industry’s three highest concerns across all submissions as:
  • the regulatory reform program (136 submissions considered this to be top priority);
  • CASA’s inflexible regulatory approach (120 submissions); and
  • the need for more promotion of aviation (90 submissions).
Another of the review’s observations was that:

While CASA appears to be trusted by many in government, the industry’s trust in CASA is failing, compromising CASA’s Stewardship, and industry perceives CASA’s Accountability as being compromised. (The Panel’s highlighting.)

Forum members contacted by ProAviation are still scanning the horizon for any initiative that will begin to restore the trust they believe has now been progressively squandered for more than a quarter of a century.

Obfuscation rule 102: Divide & Conquer.

Now the miniscule might think his statement today is addressing the above TAAAF concerns but it is quite obvious that this is yet another stalling tactic by the bureaucracy.

Murky and his minions are still trying to argue the toss that the ASRR is one opinion.

Ironically that one opinion just so happens to reflect the opinion of the biggest collective group of industry participants (i.e. TAAAF).

It is my understanding that AOPA is now included as an active TAAAF member, so why is the miniscule apparently now trying to drive a wedge between different sectors of the industry i.e. General Aviation - GA vs rest of industry??  

IMO the term "GA" is doing the industry a huge disservice. They don't call other transport sectors 'General Trucking' or 'General Marine'; so why do they differentiate with aviation? It is small to medium aviation businesses and/or airlines, MROs, Flying schools, AOC holders, private & recreational pilot/owners and aviation/aerospace manufacturing - FDS! Dodgy   

MTF...P2 Cool

(10-28-2016, 10:03 AM)Gobbledock Wrote:  Keep on trucking boys.......

Yes indeed, how exciting - a review!!!! Don't you just love it. MORE TALK, MORE LOOKING, MORE  ANALYSING, MORE CHITTER CHATTER!

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

People like 'Darren the beautiful' and his predecessors are a huge contributing factor to the current untenable issues smashing GA, and not just GA but also other sectors as a direct result of the core GA decline;

- Talk talk talk and word masturbation is the reason we have a 30 year regulatory review program that isn't complete.
- This is the reason why GA is, has, and will continue to decline into the deep dark sewer it has already entered.
- This is the reason why $300m of quantifiable money has been thrown into a 30 year black hole, and why billions of dollars in lost revenue have been lost.

You know it is interesting - our successive Governments are happy to piss away hundreds of billions of dollars on submarines, Defence, overseas wars that we shouldn't be a part of, yet what do they do for Australian aviation? Obsfucation, deflection, bankrupting businesses and not financial supporting the industry. For example;
-Where are the business tax breaks?
- Where are the incentives?
- Where are the government financial grants?
- Where are the payroll tax breaks?
- Where are the subsidised regional routes?
- Where are the financial inputs from Government? They announce these bogus infrastructure funding program's yet they give you 30 days to come up with a 'shovel ready' application for a $20m project!! Absolute bullshit. They purposefully set the bar at 'unachievable'. They make out they are good guys by announcing a big bucket of money for everyone to use but the reality is that you don't have enough time, and the government then retains the money it announced! Yet another smoke and mirrors trick to fool the voter.

Anyhoo, Chester's pony pooh announcement is just another load of bollocks obviously brought on by sections of the IOS turning up the heat on an inept Government.

TICK TOCK Dazza. 'The time at the third stroke is 2358 precisely'......

(10-28-2016, 10:14 AM)Sandy Reith Wrote:  Do my eyes deceive me? Can you believe it? They must be joking, another rubbish review? Flabergastered.

Dear Mr. Jester, an open letter.

Starting again,

Dear The Honourable Minister for Transport and Infrastructure,
Mr. Darren Chester.

This is a quote, in regard to the decline of general aviation, purporting to emanate from your Department, regarding an attempt to apply CPR to grass roots aviation or General Aviation or perhaps better described as DAA, Decimated Aviation Australia.

"Infrastructure and Transport Minister Darren Chester will announce the review, which will be conducted by the Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics."

Minister, have you any idea of how many make work reviews, papers, task forces, consultations together with industry, meetings along with BITRE and DoTI and CASA and involving ASA and ATSB have we been witness to in the last ten years? Let alone the last thirty years? Let alone the umpteen millions of wasted words and billions of wasted lost opportunities and taxpayer dollars?

What do you intend to do about the many glaring and still outstanding instances of sheer injustice perpetrated by your aviation Corporation?

What do you intend about the ASRR recommendations?

Kind regards,

Sandy Reith

Aviation interested ladies and gentlemen of Australia, we must end this complete farce. Missionary zeal is required, and we need that really big meeting in Sydney that was mooted by AOPA. Can TAAAF, with AOPA and AMROBA et al, together make this happen? Without a large and visible public profile our small gains, if any, will be subsumed in the normal bureaucratic manner, the manner that we are so familiar with during the last thirty years.

Tamworth on steroids, a two day fully organised meeting with high profile speakers, agreed agenda, properly chaired and run.  

Without our MPs getting the message that the public are behind us, without generating media profile we will continue to be fed with codswallop. No amount of ranting, wringing of hands, bluster, throwing insults or preaching to the converted will make one iota of difference. Also may I suggest do not waste time talking to bureaucrats, we simply play their game.

Time for action on the national public and political stage.

IMO Sandy nails it, well passed time hoping NFI ministers, like DDDD Chester, are going to provide some sort of magic pill that will resurrect the industry decline. Time for industry to sing out loud and long; embarrassing the government at every possible opportunity; and in combined unified numbers; and through every MSM & social media outlet - enough is enough... Angry       

No doubt there will be much MTF...P2 Undecided

Quote:Obfuscation rule 102: Divide & Conquer.

Now the miniscule might think his statement today is addressing the above TAAAF concerns but it is quite obvious that this is yet another stalling tactic by the bureaucracy.

Murky and his minions are still trying to argue the toss that the ASRR is one opinion.

Ironically that one opinion just so happens to reflect the opinion of the biggest collective group of industry participants (i.e. TAAAF).

It is my understanding that AOPA is now included as an active TAAAF member, so why is the miniscule apparently now trying to drive a wedge between different sectors of the industry i.e. General Aviation - GA vs rest of industry??   

Update to miniscule DDDD Chester's (broken record) review announcement yesterday - Dodgy

First from Kharon:  
(10-29-2016, 06:47 AM)kharon Wrote:  Please. Somebody, tackle this Fool.

If I could be bothered to dig it out, there is a long list which itemises government funded  ‘reviews’ and ‘inquiries’ and ‘investigations’ into matters aeronautical. There is one from the Senate, way back, which, I believe, still holds the record for being the longest, deepest, most detailed: some fantastic amount of time and money was spent to sort it out, once and for all. The list is now long, and growing.  The costs fabulous, the results negligible. Proof absolute of many things, but the stand out constant is simple enough to understand. THEY DON’T WORK. It is a repetitive cycle, the same moves, the same result, every time.

But, for those who may be new to the great game; or, have only just become aware that perhaps there really is something rotten in Denmark; allow me to draw your attention to events in recent memory.

Pel-Air ditched an aircraft; the Senate SC called an ‘inquiry’, which ran for quite a while. It cost a small fortune, in effort, time and money and produced two major items of interest.  To wit, scathing condemnation of both the ATSB and CASA; and, some 30 odd serious recommendations.

Following the SSC inquiry, the good Rev. Forsyth and his compardres set out on an ‘independent’ quest to determine what could be done for ‘best’. It cost a small fortune in effort, time and money and produced two major items of interest. Scathing condemnation of both the ATSB and CASA; and, some 30 odd serious recommendations.

As a result the Canadian TSB were asked to conduct an ‘independent’ peer review. It cost a small fortune in effort, time and money, and produced – you guessed it – Yup more condemnation and more recommendations.

Now, look about you; let’s call it 80, serious, expensive, far reaching recommendations; from independent ‘expert’ sources; bought and paid for by the ‘tax-payer’.  Then on one hand count the number of tangible results from those inquiries and resultant recommendations.  I’ll save you the brain work – there ain’t any. Not one single solitary improvement in any god damned area; in fact things have actually regressed.

Now this idiot who has managed to escape his village – or lost it; wants to pull on another ‘inquiry’ or a ‘review’ as he calls it. It is a calculated, cynical insult to a fine Senate Standing Committee, David Forsyth, the industry and the long suffering over taxed public. The announcement insults the intelligence, demeans industry and put’s a final confirmation to the notion that Chester and his trough buddy are taking the Mickey Bliss (and the money)…

Chester needs to get his advice right – it is not just industry having the piss taken out of them; he is the final victim, because who ever is advising him is definitely taking the piss from him. He who laugh’s last is Chester’s advisor. Chester is as dumb as dog pooh, NFI and relies heavily, pathetically on ‘advice’.  The last thing his ‘advisors’ must do before going to sleep is have a good laugh at his expense. Me, if I thought about it that way, I’d laugh too.

Pathetic response from a pathetic individual, the man should be making advertorials and flogging off the latest in ‘product’ on the morning TV shows; not be responsible for a huge, important portfolio.  When he can find a hole in a whorehouse, with a spotlight, I may even spare a thought for his ‘advised’ mouthing’s; ‘till then, I shall continue to regard him as a fool. The village idiot at large.

Toot –FFS– toot.

Next via Oz Aviation:
Quote:Government launches major study into GA sector
October 28, 2016 By australianaviation.com.au 1 Comment
The federal government has launched what it termed a major study into the general aviation (GA) sector in response to the concerns expressed by …

Quote:..The announcement of a major study into general aviation comes after the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia (AOPA) presented a nine-point plan to the government in April aimed to turn around a GA sector that was slowly dying and “collapsing under the weight of regulation”.

Part of AOPA’s proposed reforms included changes to the Civil Aviation Act that require regulators to take into account “industry viability, efficiency and sustainability”, and for the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) to be renamed the Civil Aviation Authority and be absorbed back into the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.

There were also calls to enforce rules that provided security of tenure for aviation businesses at airports, for the adoption of a US-style suite of regulatory rules to replace the current Civil Aviation Orders and Regulations, for the reintroduction of TAFE funding to boost aviation apprenticeships and the harmonisation of medical certification for recreational and GA private pilots for all recreational aviation aircraft (those weighing less than 5,700kg)...

“AOPA is making what to us is seen as a last stand against inappropriate government industry regulation that has decimated our once thriving GA industry,” AOPA Australia president Marc De Stoop said at the time.

“It may sound melodramatic to those not associated with the industry, but those of us who have been in the industry through the period 1960-1990 feel very frustrated that government bureaucrats, through lack of understanding of the need for businesses to be commercially viable, have failed this industry.”
[/url]
This article also included one comment from Ben:
Quote:Ben says

[url=http://australianaviation.com.au/2016/10/government-launches-study-into-ga-sector/#comment-44602]October 28, 2016 at 8:15 pm

This is welcome news, but I worry that it will be overtaken by simplistic CASA-bashing. We know that GA is bloody expensive compared to even ten years ago, and while safety regulation is one reason for this it is far from the only one. By focusing on just CASA we risk ignoring the other economic factors, making this whole process a waste of time.

P2 - Ben, this is not about CASA bashing mate, this is more about - why another review? FDS!  

Finally an email intercept courtesy Sandy... Wink :
Quote:Which review? BITRE? Obviously they don't have enough to do. Costing???

This thought could go to all of them, but pertinent to the latest. One contact said he hoped this one would at last persuade government....

Which prompted me to write similarly thus:-
Quote:..In regard to the outcome of the review;  please do not hope 'this time',  it will not be different. 

Just look at the timeline. It's expected to complete by June '17. Expected....ok there is room for slippage. Then the government, read CASA, decides, just like ASSR, to accept some recommendations 'in principle' and so it goes. The pattern is totally clear, a little fiddling around the edges and that's it, straight onto the next review. Another few hundred perfectly fit older pilots will give up or have their AVMED comeuppances. 

Hopefulness by the aviation community is exactly what government wishes for because then people wait patiently and uncomplaining whilst the merry old CASA stream roller and attendant gravy train rolls on. 

What a party, huge pay increases, fantastic working (?) conditions, super, trips abroad, seminars. Skidmore found twenty-six employees, his Tiger Team, doing nothing to put to work(?) on fixing the mucked up rules they had devised and promulgated just months before. Ask yourself what were they doing beforehand? You wouldn't believe such irresponsible and atrocious governance if it wasn't true. Cost? Don't ask... 

This has been the modus operandi for thirty years. There is no appetite in government for reform because the bureaucracy plays the safety card over and over again and we just keep on in a state of denial, "it can't be that bad", and then hope that the next review is the final one. 

Time to focus on reality;  it is them against us and our prosperous freedom in order to protect their privilege. It's as plain as the nose on your face. 

MTF...P2 Cool

Ps For those who feel equally as passionate, as Sandy or Kharon, about this issue but for whatever reason might wish to remain anonymous, please feel free to email or PM me direct through my AP listed contacts your thoughts etc. and I will edit & post for you - P2 Wink

Ukraine politicians.......an example of snouts in the trough.

Below is yet another good example of the reason why people despise politicians so much. It's bad enough that Pollies are famous for there lying, cronyism, nepotism, ego, pride, deceit and every other sin beneath the sun. But it's their penchant for extreme wealth normally attained through corruption, deceit, rorting, kickbacks, gifts, 'brown paper bags', 'political donations to supposed campaign funds', payment for favours etc etc that really pisses people off.

The below link to Ukrainian politicians personal wealth will make you feel sick, but isn't not a real surprise. No wonder the troops are getting restless;

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-31...oliticians

Lets also hope that Julian ASSange and his Willyleaks crew totally blow the lid on the crooked Clinton Foundation activities. Yet another pair of politicians worth hundreds of millions. Incredible considering it is 'just a job' being in politics, and in fact you are a servant of the people (supposedly!)

Oink oink

I'm just going to throw this out there...
With the election of Donald Trump as US President, some pundits are suggesting that politicians around the world have been put on notice that the people are sick and tired of having agendas pushed onto them rather than having politicians actually listen to them.
If this is the case, can we expect our gubmint to take notice, or will it be paid lip service like so much else? Huh

Bwaaaa - Hah ha hah. Hah, hah ha. Bwaaaaa ha ha ha: nice one CW. Sheeit I’ll be smiling ‘till morning now. Funniest thing I’ve ever heard.

So very recherché and I hope, definitely “langue dans la joue ».

Sign of things to come

The USSA election was fascinating. Frightening, but fascinating.

Midnight has passed. A new day has come. And everything is about to change. Or, perhaps not. Why? Well they still have a bankrupt country, fraudulent accounting, a financial system based on a ponzi scheme, and everything is unsustainable and going over the cliff.

The only thing that's changed is that trump has been elected / selected to be the new puppet in charge when everything finally falls apart. Too late to stop it now. Our friends over there need to prepare themselves in so many ways, disaster is about to unfold and nothing Trump can do will stop it.

Same in the land of Australia. A legacy and history of government corruption and incompetence. Politicians owned by the banksters and big business, most of those string pullers based in NY. Our debt has spiralled, the economy stalled, an overheated Realestate market in the big cities while hard working folk in smaller towns and cities watch as their houses are now worth $100k less.

Yes Australia, footstool to the USSA.

Yes Australia, where a Goldman Sachs trained and indoctrinated businessman is now PM.

Yes Australia, one of the most expensive and now unaffordable countries to live in when it comes to food, housing and cars, the big ticket items.

Yes Australia, where the education system is retarded, where insurers are allowed to financially rape you senseless, where infrastructure belongs back in Roman times, where the medical and health system is collapsing.

Yes Australia, a land of dreams, the lucky country? Fuck off. Just another country in which the poor, the pensioners, the homeless, and the 'no longer middle class' get belted into an empty void.

Viva le revolution

M&M, degrees of separation & the ultimate power. Confused

Lord Acton once said: “Bureaucracy is undoubtedly the weapon and sign of a despotic government, inasmuch as it gives whatever government it serves, despotic power.”

Although in our case I would add some words and change it around slightly...

“ Despotic Bureaucratic power undoubtedly reflects a weak & despondent government...(sic)”

Lord Acton also once said: “Bureaucracy tries to establish so many administrative maxims that the minister is as narrowly controlled and guided as the judge.”

The following is I believe confirmation of the veracity of the above Lord Acton quote.

Reference AP post: AIOS reaches epidemic proportions in Can'tberra 

And from off the AA&MH370 thread:
(11-22-2016, 05:06 PM)Peetwo Wrote:  
(10-16-2016, 10:26 AM)Peetwo Wrote:  Captain's Log 16.10.16: The trouble with correcting the record.

(10-14-2016, 10:32 AM)Peetwo Wrote:  
Quote:[Image: crisis.gif]

Quote:
Quote:ATSB jumped gun on MH370
[Image: e83afe0cb8d200fbe956e7148e3c7b2c]12:00amEAN HIGGINS
The Australian Transport Safety Bureau was wrong to say it had consensus on a “death dive” theory for flight MH370.
[img=0x0]http://pixel.tcog.cp1.news.com.au/track/component/author/0573acb566bb47c45e64e4c55a998aba/?esi=true&t_product=the-australian&t_template=s3/austemp-article_common/vertical/author/widget&td_bio=false[/img]
..Internal ATSB documents obtained by The Australian show that while a senior investigator drew the incorrect “consensus” statement to the attention of colleagues only minutes after the bulletin was released, the organisation never issued a correction and instead secretly deleted the claim from its website the next day, after it had been widely ­reported internationally...

..Subsequently, ATSB MH370 spokesman Daniel O’Malley and JACC chief co-ordinator Judith Zielke would also not say why the “consensus” line had been secretly disappeared.

When The Australian reported the deletion of the sentence, the ATSB issued a denial on its website, saying the report “falsely ­accuses the ATSB of ‘secretly retracting’ information”.

In a statement after it had been made aware of the FOI material, the JACC said:

“The information was retracted when it was learned not all working group members had, at that stage, provided formal responses. Subsequently a consensus view was reached.”

Well while trolling M&Ms website I noted that the 'email chain' released under FOI is now on M&M's disclosure log:
Quote:28/09/16 MH370 Operational Update Bulletin (17-18) PDF: 198 KB

Subject: Operational Update [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

et al.,

Not sure who to contact about this but I just noticed the words in the operational update:

http://www.atsb.gov.au/mh370pages/updates/operationalupdate/

“The last satellite communication with the aircraft showed it was most likely in a high rate of descent in the area of what is known as the 7th arc. This is indeed the consensus of the Search Strategy Working Group.”

At this stage it is probably ATSB s47G view that those communications likely indicate a high rate of descent. It is certainly not yet the consensus position of the SSWG as that involves s47G, s47G and, s47G of which 2 parties are yet to make a formal response on the subject.

I suggest we remove the last sentence at the very least.

Also, given that this update has information related to the SSWG, would it be better in the future for myself, or s22 to check the content before public release to avoid this sort of error?

Regards,

s22

Yes agree, s22 could you talk to s22 and get the last sentence taken out as per below and reloaded to both websites

Regards

s22

Senior Transport Safety Investigator

Australian Transport Safety Bureau

Search for MH370 – Operations Team

FYI.

s22
Director, Joint Agency Coordination Centre

Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development

For those interested s22 of the FOI Act reads:
Quote:22  Access to edited copies with exempt or irrelevant matter deleted
Scope
             (1)  This section applies if:
                     (a)  an agency or Minister decides:
                              (i)  to refuse to give access to an exempt document; or
                             (ii)  that to give access to a document would disclose information that would reasonably be regarded as irrelevant to the request for access; and..etc

&.. s47G reads:
Quote:47G  Public interest conditional exemptions—business

(1)  A document is conditionally exempt if its disclosure under this Act would disclose information concerning a person in respect of his or her business or professional affairs or concerning the business, commercial or financial affairs of an organisation or undertaking, in a case in which the disclosure of the information....

Also I believe that Judith Zielke (the wearer of many hats) was and is still the JACC Director.

This is confirmed by another fascinating document which was also released under FOI three weeks before and basically outlines the script that M&M's department want miniscule 4D Chester to adhere to:
Quote:09/09/16 Recent JACC Ministerial Brief (17-10) PDF: 289 KB

[Image: 4D-script-1.jpg]

[Image: 4D-script-2.jpg]

Note the box in the top LH corner...

For decision by: 29 July 2016

...considering Zielke cleared the miniscule briefing on the same day, it is quite obvious the decision had already been made before it got anywhere near 4D's office.

The next bit reads...

Reason: To ensure timely notification to Malaysia of funding requirement 

Now consider that the dates from the ATSB acknowledged cock-up email chain feature on the 27th to 28th of July, you begin to see why the JACC & ATSB went into some strange subterfuge mode - i.e. deny-obfuscate-deny.. Dodgy

JACC said...

..JACC chief co-ordinator Judith Zielke would also not say why the “consensus” line had been secretly disappeared...  

& then said...

..In a statement after it had been made aware of the FOI material, the JACC said:

“The information was retracted when it was learned not all working group members had, at that stage, provided formal responses. Subsequently a consensus view was reached.”...

Want to bet the above statement was made after the Malaysian funds were confirmed to be in the bank... Rolleyes

Still joining dots..?? As was evident at the additional Estimates session on Tuesday and as I mentioned above, Judith Zielke certainly wears a lot of hats and wields tremendous power as Deputy Secretary and loyal lieutenant to M&M.

Quote:ventus45 Wrote: Who is "the woman" in that photo ?

Both Dolan and Foley are (by body language) obvious "subordinate" to her.

Is she Murky's shadow ?

Quote:ATSB CC Dolan spotted in KL = Tripartite meeting is a farce - [Image: dodgy.gif]  

Dolan accompanied by Peter Foley (and some other dude?) was caught leaving the first day of the MH370 Tripartite meeting in KL:

[Image: ClXbubaUYAE-fs0.jpg]

[Image: ClXbubcVEAA_Rq5.jpg]

Also if you go to this tweet link (courtesy of Melissa Goh) you will see some video footage: https://twitter.com/MelGohCNA/status/744739181599985665

P2 - Judith Zielke from JACC & Murky's deputy I think??

The ease with which Zielke appears to manipulate the various minions like Hoody, Foley (& previously Beaker) and the miniscule 4D Chester is quite remarkable.

To quote Lord Acton one final time:

“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely..."

MTF?- Definitely..P2  Tongue

Ps Another example of the ultimate power that M&M and his loyal lieutenant Zielke wield was the latest O&O'd construct for the 2nd reiteration of the PelAir cover-up, described this AM by a steamed up Ferryman - 90% Steam GD.   Rolleyes

AIOS reaches epidemic proportions in Can'tberra - Part II Confused

{Previous reference: AIOS reaches epidemic proportions in Can'tberra}

Quoting from 4D thread post: YES miniscule - all is good in aviation
Quote:KC said: ..However, ‘Sir Humphrey’ must have visited, as the Public Service ASRR Recommendations progress report , dated 25 August, 2016, informs the Minister that extraordinary progress has happened and they have completed many of the recommendations. Read this report – almost completed???

A review of the report last Friday, 10-12, by myself and other association leaders did not agree with the progress report and could only accept that maybe 3 or 4 recommendations may have been completed. This is a "public service" trying to sound as though they are making progress when in fact, they are not. This is a systemic problem within the public service when aviation is the focal point. Read any review recommendations in the last couple of decades and you will see similarities in the recommendations that confirm permanent change as recommended was not achieved...

Now although I totally agree with KC's sentiments especially when he adds..

Quote:For the progress report to be placed on the Infrastructure’s website, then, not only CASA, but other government departments, including CASA’s Board, must have accepted the report.

"Sir Humphrey Appleby" quote: Yes, yes, yes, I do see that there is real dilemma here. In that, while it has been government policy to regard policy as a responsibility of Ministers and administration as a responsibility of Officials, the questions of administrative policy can cause confusion between the policy of administration and the administration of policy, especially when responsibility for the administration of the policy of administration conflicts, or overlaps with, responsibility for the policy of the administration of policy."

Because of that progress report, the public service has to now stifle the complaints by industry by brandishing those that speak up, on behalf of the industry, as radicals not supported by industry.

The current government is relying on such a dedicated public service to placate the constituents because they are too frighten to take the action that is required by proposing legislation that their foes in Parliament could stop, just to embarrass the government. A political dilemma.

What a mess we have ended up with and what a mess the new CEO/DAS of CASA has to confront...

...it is all indeed a mess but the thing is this whole 'head in the sand' (AIOS) syndrome is apparently not unique to aviation safety administration... Confused

Read the following from the AFR and you get the feeling our democracy is in a terrible self-inflicted political mess:
Quote:The notion of evidence-based policy in Australia is dead

[Image: 1481541045588.jpg]
Barnaby Joyce: dams different from climate. Bradley Kanaris

by Richard Denniss

The notion of evidence-based policy in Australia is dead. While it's been in poor health for some time, it was finally killed by the Coalition backbench last week and replaced with "gut instinct" and "the pub test".

When Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce was recently quizzed about the lack of a business case for a dam he wanted Australian taxpayers to fund he retorted that he prided himself on being a "doer" not a "fluffer" and that he wanted to "get stuck in".

What could go wrong?

Last week Senator Cory Bernardi and George Christensen's insights into energy policy trumped the considered advice of the government's own appointees to the Climate Change Authority and that of the chief scientist. Admittedly, all of those advisers do accept the scientific evidence of human-induced climate change, which renders them "biased" in the eyes of many in the Coalition. Policy advisers who take science seriously?

Where will it end?

The idea that government should be run like a business is one I have never subscribed to but allow me, for a moment, to play along.

Imagine if company directors saw their role as not just generating business ideas, but demanding their ideas be implemented without careful examination. Now imagine that individual shareholders could veto the rollout of, or even consideration of, new business opportunities. Sound workable? That's how the Turnbull government has "organised" itself.

Joyce recently insisted that the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority move from Canberra to Armidale at a cost of $25.6 million and the loss of most of its senior staff. A cost-benefit analysis of the idea conducted at a cost of $272,000 by EY found no economic benefit to the move. It's still going ahead.

A company director that demanded the company headquarters be housed in their parents' property, despite the high rent, would be breaking the law. But apparently a Deputy Prime Minister spending other people's money to deliver benefits to his electorate is simply part of his strategy to "get the country moving".

Philosophers or thought police

In a well-functioning government ministers and backbenchers play an important role in setting strategic direction and ensuring plans are well implemented.

But Coalition MPs increasingly see their role as either "philosopher princes" who can divine the virtue of an idea by simply having had it themselves, or as "thought police" who can veto the mere consideration of an idea proposed by members of their own Coalition.

Kevin Andrews got $200 million to fund "marriage counselling vouchers" to discourage divorce, Matt Canavan got $1 billion for his pet Adani coal mine and, of course, Christopher Pyne shifted $50 billion to build submarines in Adelaide. None of them relied on cost-benefit analysis, but all of them trusted their gut. Would you invest in a company that allocated capital in such a cavalier manner?

Even the Secretary of Treasury, John Fraser, is into the game of ignoring inconvenient advice. Treasury, once the grand champion of economic rationalism, employs more than 800 people, prides itself on being the pre-eminent economic advisers to government, and possesses a dedicated "macroeconomic group". Despite all that, the secretary chose to spend taxpayers' money outsourcing an evaluation of the Rudd government's fiscal stimulus package to Professor Tony Makin.

Makin is a long-term critic of the stimulus package overseen by former treasury secretary Ken Henry and strongly supported by current Prime Minister and Cabinet head Martin Parkinson. Intriguingly the Makin report is not even published on the Treasury website, but on a new "Treasury Research Institute" site.

In recent years research by the World Bank, IMF and OECD have all shown strong support for the effectiveness of, and need for, fiscal stimulus in response to a rapidly slowing economy. But despite 14 references to his own previous work, Makin's report makes no mention of, and provides no rebuttal to, the significant body of mainstream economic thought which he contradicts.

Bernardi doesn't believe in human-induced climate change and Makin doesn't believe that increased public spending in a slowing economy promotes growth. Both of them might be right, but both of them are in a very small minority.

Enron and Bear Stearns provide clear lessons for what happens to companies who insist on only getting advice from supportive sources. Time will tell what happens to governments that do likewise.

Richard Denniss is the chief economist for The Australia Institute
AFR Contributor

Read more: http://www.afr.com/opinion/columnists/listening-to-your-own-great-advice-20161212-gt94c2#ixzz4SiIFuvtW

Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

Evidence based policy? Is that similar in methodology and/or ideology to 'outcome based regulation' that the current NFI Muppets at FF are so adverse to embracing??

Personally I don't see why they don't admit that it is all about the 'TFBR' (trough feeding based regulation), because there is simply nothing that excuses the amount of 'red tape' that is currently strangling the aviation industry... Angry

MTF...P2 Cool

This little pearl was cast before the swine by S. Easton Esq, published in the MANDARIN. It provides a ‘classic’ example of how the cut out system works, why CASA is still the miniscules  ‘top gun’.  Dangerous business advising ministers, 'the advice' fought back and won; this round anyway. The rest of the ‘fight’ will likely be difficult; but it’s a sad thing when ministers with NFI rely on ‘expert’ opinion, payed for by the tax payer, then savage the folk who gave that advice. As stated, a chancy game.  

"Minister fingers ‘incorrect’ departmental advice after employee defamation settlement."

"Ministers all over might think twice before giving public servants a bucketing after Western Australian frontbencher Joe Francis finally settled a defamation case brought by one of his former top executives this week — or they might take note of the excuse he offered the media yesterday."