MH370 - time to think of it as a criminal act

Yes there was a shift change, says there right there in the ATC transcript. Where I work we have a report before our shift to go over what's happened in the previous shift, but I suspect they don't follow many rules over there by the sounds of it. The ATC guys sounded like Mickey Mouse operators in the language they used when questioned, lots of aaahs in there.

I think the real truth is the cover up began because of incompetence on the part of ATC. During the 4 corners interview Hishy was asked numerous times of the DCA contacted the military to inform them, he finally answered it but said he didn't know what time, he didn't want to be trapped by dats, numbers etc.

He was also asked this question at the defence expo thst took place in malaysia and he stuttered and didn't really answer, pretended he didn't hear the question. In my line of work Im pretty good at reading body language amd can spot a liar instantly.

My research tells me that there was a malfunction on that plane before it left the ground, but if there was a major cover up and I do suspect there was, it could be the elusive cargo had something to do with it. It was beought to my attention that something valuable was on the plane and if the plane did malfunction and go down somewhere near IGARI, the truth was covered up in order to retrieve the cargo before anyone else did.

Although I do not dabble in speculation, things just do not add up in the narrative being pushed towards the SIO.

Thanks Jacki – I can only agree that things indeed do not add up. I wonder now if even an independent inquiry could unearth the truth, as that was pretty well out of window from minute one; and, with over a year to obfuscate and shuffle facts, disappear paperwork and get the story line ducks in a row, it's a big ask. Somehow I just can't see the Malaysian government ordering a no holds barred top level open inquiry, anyway - why waste the money when the result will probably be drafted before hand.

There are only two possible avenues of hope; the most obvious is that the aircraft is found: t'other is that someone, somewhere can be bought, persuaded; or just to save themselves, talk. People power will work; provided the outside world can be persuaded to help, I wonder how the Chinese government would look at assisting that?, it's an intriguing question.

As previously quoted "For example - CI - "Previously, when questioned on why MH370 was not intercepted although its identity could not be ascertained at the time, Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak replied that air defence officers were certain that the aircraft was not hostile. This was because although the identity of the aircraft was unknown, it behaved like a commercial airliner, he said."

hishy also admitted they didn't track this in real time either & was not identified as mh370, but they ran with it anyhow as fact, made up the bogus radar that has since been debunked and then the IG guys based BFO data (also bogus) on bogus radar data. Shame on malaysia for making up stuff, but then the IG guys come and make up more stuff based on assumptions and NOT REAL FACTS. Yet all the so called experts are basing their search on assumptions. Angus Houston has all but crawled out they a narrow window to escape the embarrassment of the ping pong facade.

the whole SIO search is based on a lie, how many millions of $$ wasted on bogus search, I think it was an excuse to do the baths surveys of unmapped ocean floor. It's real sad to continue a bogus search where they KNOW the plane isn't and never was. Malaysia was asleep at the wheel but rather than admit they screwed up, they invent a radar track, then INMARSAT hijacks the search to thousands of miles from where the plane really is. To start from scratch is hard to do, but going back to the beginning where it all began is likely the easiest answer. That plane never left the gulf of Thailand. I have thought is from the beginning. I had my theory from the start and got tramped on and called names by trolls when I didn't subscribe to their wild and outlandish theories. How about a simple answer? Anyone interested?

If you haven't seen the little article – HERE – spare the two minutes and have a little think.  Perhaps Uncle Angus (bless) still has a few strings to pull; maybe not.  Anyway, it's a bonus.... Idea ....

Ships at sea, all blind?

Sandilands on Plane Talking has provided yet another intriguing proposition.  Mike Chillit is indefatigable in his quest.  Like the notion or not: it's worth two minutes of constructive thought:-

I think what Ben is driving at is that not all, not every single avenue of 'ground' investigation has been identified and, where required, eliminated from our enquiries, as they say.   With a situation such as MH 370, every possible, impossible or improbable lead should have been followed.  Sure, it would take a lot of time, many man hours of unproductive, mind numbing hard slog; but at least, for certain sure we would know that that Charlie in hut 13 was legless when he saw the spaceship grab the aircraft.  

Just saying...Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.   W.C. Fields.

The Planetalking article today is regarding Thursday's planned Tri-partite meeting between Malaysia, Australia & China in Kuala Lumpur - MH370 search review unlikely to deal with official lies - and Ben asks the question...

"...Will anyone at the tripartite review of the search for MH370 being held in Kuala Lumpur this Thursday have the guts to ask why Malaysia deliberately misled its partners about the course taken by the missing Boeing 777 from day one, back on 8 March 2014?..."

But what perked my interest was the comments from Simon Gunson, one of which attacked my fellow mod Kharon's earlier comment...

Quote:[*]7
[Image: 386dbdcff325607f0335bb6230635b89?s=32&d=identicon&r=G] Simon Gunson
Posted April 14, 2015 at 4:49 pm | Permalink
Ben is utterly correct about the lying.

For example Defence Minister Hishamuddin Hussein stated that MH370 had dived west from IGARI down to 5,000ft and that the pilot had thrown it around like a fighter plane to avoid radar.

Now in the 2015 Interim report they continue to lie, by now asserting that MH370 was seen on military radar flying west across Malaysia towards Penang. During 2014 RMAF flatly denied it was seen flying across Malaysia.

More importantly the 2015 Interim report timeline implies a minimum altitude flown between IGARI and Penang of 12,000 feet.

Yet on 17 March 2014 the Bangkok Post cited Air Marshal Monthon Sutchukorn saying that Thai military radar at Hat Yai never saw MH370 turn back from IGARI or fly back across Malaysia. Therefore how could Malaysia now claim their military radar saw this?
Hat Yai was a mere 95nm away from this alleged flight track and could easily spot any target at 12,000ft over this short range.

Furthermore, the 2015 alleges MH370 turned northwest towards Pelau Perak from 6nm south of Penang at 17:52 UTC. Previously in March 2014 Malaysia asserted MH370 overflew Pelau Perak at 18:02. To cover that 85nm distance in just ten minutes required a speed which could not be flown lower than 33,000 feet.

The entire Straits detour is a lie supported by false evidence.

Whilst INMARSAT data suggests MH370 flew south from Sumatra it only suggests that and it is open to different interpretation if the BTO transmission bias was assumed incorrectly.

By lying about fictitious radar sightings Malaysia has utterly misled the search effort.

[*]8
[Image: 386dbdcff325607f0335bb6230635b89?s=32&d=identicon&r=G] Simon Gunson
Posted April 14, 2015 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

@Sam Jackson perhaps you never read the article by Zaharie’s sister Sakinab?
Zaharie was a respected training captain who invited junior pilots back to his home out of “office hours” to sharpen their B777 skills on his home simulator in a friendly informal environment.

After the loss of MH370 Sakinab Shah received scores of letters and emails from pilots whom Zaharie had trained expressing their appreciation for his extra tutoring on his home simulator.

Your determination to imply this simulator was something sinister is a feeble attempt to accuse someone who was blameless.
[*]
Now although I admire Simon's passion (like so many others) to solve and establish the truth with the tragic disappearance of MH370, I found this disassociated comment from Simon quite bizarre so I responded in turn:

Quote:9

[Image: 9e6a100682b43262d442628f4a9eaeeb?s=32&d=identicon&r=G] PAIN_P2
Posted April 14, 2015 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

@Simon Gunson not sure what you are reading but from the post off the auntypru.com/forum the B777 Captain quoted by @Sam Jackson was not implying anything, more like asking three questions that are amongst the many still being obfuscated by the Malaysian government.

“…I agree with P9; as the PAIN network senior 777 captain there are some questions which we have been discussing amongst ourselves, we believe the answers are important. It is the direct involvement of the ATSB rather than AMSA that provides an element of suspicion which impinges on and detracts from the credibility of any ATSB answer to those questions. For discussion:-

What was the information the FBI allegedly extracted from Captains personal computer?
Was this alleged information passed to the ATSB?
Was this information the reason why the search area switched further south?

We have discussed these questions at length and cannot reach a sensible consensus. Any fresh ideas would be more than welcome.
P777…”

I also question your statement…

“…More importantly the 2015 Interim report timeline implies a minimum altitude flown between IGARI and Penang of 12,000 feet…”

Where in the interim report did you extract that information? Pdf pg 20-29 that I can see never mentions FL120 as the altitude that MH370 tracked back across the Malaysian peninsula.

The bit about the Thai radar I agree suggests conflicting stories from Malaysian vs Thai (Military) authorities but the only reference in the interim report in regards to Thailand radar is the civilian radar,ref:pdf pg 22 subpara e)?? Or am I again missing something??

I totally agree that the Malaysians have been deceptive, obstructionist & secretive about what they know about MH370 from the time she 1st went dark. However I don’t think that means we can automatically discount the Malay account of where MH370 tracked to from its last known position.

[*]
Now I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion in what happened to MH370 but until you can find factual evidence that totally disproves someone else's theory, then their theory remains equally as valid as your own...P2 Dodgy

Ps Maybe I have misinterpreted Simon's comments or maybe he is privy to information that I am not? Therefore I invite Simon to the AuntyPru Forum so we can openly discuss... Big Grin  

Pps Simon I will even see if I can track down P777 so he can join in the discussion... Wink  

Well Arthur Conan Doyle once said "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth".

I believe in two possibilities regarding MH370, and that is either;
a) it is and will remain one of the most complex aviation mysteries of the modern era. Or,
b) it is not so mysterious at all and the actual answer is quite simple and has sat under our noses the entire time.

For me there are still many questions to be answered. I am becoming more and more convinced that the disappearance has or is understood by somebody who has the capability and the technology to know what happenned. Forget ACARS and the airline itself, that is one aspect. We should be looking more towards the powerful nations with endless amounts of spy satellite equipment, data collection capability, and military hardware that can tell if an ant farted over the pacific ocean at 13,000 feet! To say that absolutely unequivocally nobody knows what happenned is naieve and ostrich like. I believe that if they wanted the plane to be found they wouldn't have put the responsibility for the search into the hands of the beardless Beaker.
The name Freescale Semiconductor still comes to mind.

Tick tock

P2, you are a lovely fellah and I count you among my very best mates: BUT we are going to have words if Gunson fetches up here.   Wink   

At one time I read his piffle, being mildly amused, this progressed through irritation to annoyance and onto auto ignore.  I actually skipped past his comments on Bens Blog, as SOP; so I was surprised to see your rebuttal and I had to read his words (not happy).  Not worth the time or the bandwidth.   Not one PAIN associate has ever accused the Captain, in fact the majority are not convinced, preferring to keep an open mind, until facts and empirical evidence are presented.

From ET (gone tech at Alpha Centauri) the latest anti Gunson 'app'.  

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOUhMqL8X_cQfHsPCdrkj...W0q19usd7p]

I would call the Ulich hypotheses a 'more probable' start point; and although there is little to dissuade that the mathematics Hardy presents are nice; there are some questions which still beg answers.  We have endless hours of 'cruise conversation' where questions are posed and answers sought; for instance:-

What if the autopilot was in Heading mode rather than Nav? we don't know, do we.  The Jetstream, ITCZ and even temperature inversions, all present at the time COULD have affected the flight path in HDG mode.  But; just as there is no definitive, empirical evidence of start point; and Ulrich is one of the best unproven guesstimates, it's all still a bit like the Monty Python, Life of Brian scenes where the crowd argue "it's the gourd" that's a sign from God, the rest believe it is "the Sandal".

In all the millions of words written and spoken about MH 370 there is piece provided by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPAI) – HERE – which provides much to ponder.

Quote:....Improving strategic relations with Indonesia is likely to remain Australia’s most important security objective in Southeast Asia, for obvious reasons. However, Jakarta’s abrupt, prolonged freeze on security cooperation, in retaliation for the Snowden revelations, has brought home the vicissitudes in the bilateral relationship—and the dangers of overloading the Indonesian basket when it comes to Australia’s defence engagement in Southeast Asia. By contrast, the FPDA has continued to accumulate quiet achievements. If Canberra doesn’t share quite the same perceptions of Indonesia as its Southeast Asian partners, its difficulties with Jakarta over the past year nonetheless underscore the value of FPDA dependability—and the risks of over-reliance upon a single partner within the region.

However, the "bit" that grabbed my attention was buried within the following paragraph:- my bold.

Quote:.....Unlike the echidna, the FPDA has at least adjusted its gait to move with the times, re-badging IADS from integrated air defence to area defence as far back as 2001. Exercise and interoperability themes have since been broadened from conventional defence to HADR and maritime security. FPDA was not publicly invoked during the search for MH 370, but the disaster has focused an operational spotlight on the need for integrated air surveillance and SAR coordination across Southeast Asia and beyond.

The apparent failure to track the airliner - as it passed north of Butterworth - was not IADS’ finest hour. But the continuing multinational search operation has unquestionably benefited from the institutionalised trust built up between Malaysia and its fellow FPDA members.

It is only six words – six; but it leads to many other possible scenarios of final destination, depending on whether this is a misprint, Freudian slip, red herring or the truth slipping in, unoticed?  (a) how far North of Butterworth was the 'aircraft'; and, (b) in which direction was it shaping track.  It throws more fuel onto the speculation fire, particularly as there are no answers available; well, none that I can find – anyone?.  

Back to the Ulich proposition; if you want to hit a particular number on a dart board, first you must know where the number is.  To find it you must know where the dartboard is, on which wall it hangs, in which building it resides, where that building is and how to get there.  If you do not know where you are when you set out – how are you to place your dart in that elusive number on the dartboard.  In short there must be a seriously deep analysis of the known flight path from just before IGARI; without every single piece of ALL available information forthcoming; you may as well put a map of the world up, throw a dart at it and say – X marks the spot – dig here.  Oh we did that, did we?

Aye well, I'll stick with "K's ET for a little while yet, at least until we get some hard data from ground investigation.  If it's not in space and not in the water then the answers are on the ground.  

Maybe we could 'water-board' Dolan; he knows SFA, but it would be such jolly good fun.... Big Grin ....

There is something sinister about this whole sorry investigation which leaves me with the feeling this aircraft will never be found nor is it meant to be found.

What is known is that the aircraft performed a scheduled satellite communication at 0011.  At 0019 the aircraft completed a partial logon.

It can be deduced from the ATSB report that at around 3 minutes and 40 seconds prior to this login (possibly a little longer to allow for engine internal speed spool down sufficiently to initiate APU autostart).  This places the aircraft at just past the midpoint between the much described 6th and 7th arcs when the final engine flameout and autopilot disconnect occurred.

From here the assumptions go pear shaped; all deductions are from what is known and occurred previously.

1. The Autopilot dropped out with no one at the helm and the aircraft spiralled into the SIO - the premise for the ATSB search location (and also for the IG; albeit a different final destination).

2. Previous crashes show this pattern to be true; so it must be so.  I don't think this is your standard accident!

3. Pilot suicide theories place this as the stereo typical suicide where the pilot just pushes the nose over into a vertical decent into the SIO.  Maybe a read of Jeff Wise article here is in order http://jeffwise.net/2015/03/30/washingto...d-suicide/

4. There is no such thing as a stereotypical pilot suicide let a lone any information known that places either of the pilots as the perpetrators.  If there was such a thing as a stereotypical pilot suicide, how would it end after 7 hours.

5. The entire search area is based on the end of flight scenarios of either no pilot input or the suicide dive............50NM wide; had there been someone at the controls the search width could be up to 250NM wide.

6. The aircraft could not have been successfully ditched in the SIO due to the swells.  What is successfully ditched in this instance? Is it to save life or mask an atrocity? I recall training briefings in my youth for tree top landings where the objective was to pull the nose as high as possible to slow and stall from the backside into the trees.  With a 777 (not something you'd specifically train for) I would imagine you could keep a fair percentage of the airframe intact but not save many or any lives.

The doubling of the search area along the 7th arc will find nothing because if as Slats 11 has intimated..........this is a criminal act; the assumptions for the search area are not conducive to a criminal act.

Given the ATSBs previous form and expert investigation..............this whole search wreaks of tokenistic BS.  We have given it our best shot BUT!!!

I hope I'm wrong.

[[[[[[[quote='MrPeaBody' pid='

The doubling of the search area along the 7th arc will find nothing because if as Slats 11 has intimated..........this is a criminal act; the assumptions for the search area are not conducive to a criminal act.

Given the ATSBs previous form and expert investigation..............this whole search wreaks of tokenistic BS.  We have given it our best shot BUT!!!

I hope I'm wrong.>>>>
[/quote]

I've read forum after forum where mh370 is discussed, enough talking heads on the MSM networks and all the smart people in this world, yet they can't find the plane. We can find a phone, but not a plane. When a satellite can see a license plate, the serial number inside thewindow of your car, yet NO satellite saw this plane go anywhere near the SIO. Then we have Inmarsat, who's claims came out of left field literally. "Ah we used a ah never before used method of calculations, ah we are pretty sure the data is ah good. Yeah right Mr. Ashton, you really do not have a clue, this is why no one can even agree on where the plane ended up.

We've heard from so many so called experts who claim to "know" the real facts, but do they really? Everything, and I mean everything they have based their math on is total 'Assumptions". I mean really, a never used before method is suddenly gospel? Really? How bout Inmarsat? Where did they go? They've crawled back into their cocoons because they know the data is not bad ,just not interpreted properly, but will never admit that in a million years. Oh yeah then suddenly Inmarsat announces that they will start giving this service "free of charge"....to cover their butt that they had been tracking planes all along but didn't tell anyone...hmmmmmm where are they now???

Then there is Malaysia, the number of mistakes that were made that night are colossal. A country where they are not used to having to account for anything to anybody anywhere was their first major blunder. How many controllers were on that night? They've never said, but apparently someone was sleeping, well that's their excuse in the ATC report. One blunder after another and 4 hours later a plane is missing & they have no friggin clue as to what happened. That's not only reckless, but criminal! All of MAS and malaysia military shortcomings were revealed that night, and another very important thing that was revealed, they are LIARS!!

All the lies and false reports that have come from Malaysian Officials is criminal, but the networks ran with every little drib and drab they got. How many statements were redacted, too many to count!!!! This story has more twists and turns that the road to Hana in Maui. With all the tecnology available already in planes, this should never, never happen, but apparently it can and did. Who benefits most from this plane not being found? Think about it? It all goes back to Malaysia. Several other malaysian planes made emergency landings in the past few years due to mechanical problems, but those maintenance issues went up in flames in the shop fire at MAS conveniently. Hishy and Najib have been sitting up on their high horses looking down on everyone for so long, they think they are above the law....but they are ultimately responsible and need to be held accountable for this tragedy. As long as the plane isn't found, they are not responsible, so they don't want it found. If they did, they would go back to the beginning and start over where it all began in the SCS and GoT. But that isn't going to happen unles some whistleblower comes along and blows them out of the water literally!!!!

How safe is air travel really? I am one of those stats people that see the numbers and show that air travel is safer than riding in your car. But after this last year, air disaster after air disaster makes me question those stats. Theoretically it looks good on paper, but in reality, getting on plane especially in Asia in the last year, you are literally taking your life in your own hands. That of course is just my opinion, but it never used to be so negative. This past year has proven to be tragic for many families around the world. Who are the good guys and bad guys in this investigation? Do they really want to find this plane and solve one of the world's greatest mysteries, or better for the flying public not to know what really is happening up in the air these days???? Question to ponder people!!!!!!

<<<<QT -Lets start at just before the IGARI waypoint – the consensus seems to be that this was the last known unequivocal time that the subject aircraft was actually known to be 'it's self'. We need to know exactly, minute by minute the physical movements and observations of each individual who could have possibly "seen" the aircraft approaching IGARI, all controllers, observers and 'Anoraks'. Then gather all radar trace, all satellite, all aircraft output, the whole shooting match, on the table and start tracking, outwards from the hand off; AGAIN. Re build a complete, step by step picture of what exactly was in the sky during that time perio>>>>>>>

I still can't believe that things escalated to the point of the wild goose chase in the SIO. How on earth can a plane that is falling -16800 fpm (feet per minute) from 35,000 end up in the SIO? Simple answer, IT CAN"T AND DIDN"T!!!!

I have been banging my head against the wall since the get go, so many lies have been told. Everything after IGARI is a LIE, FALSE, MADE UP, UNTRUE!!!! Did anyone really read the 2015 Interim Report? The answers are in there, Malaysia bungled this from the start, IMST hijacked the investigation and led the world on a wild goose chase being in the spotlight only to prove they are idiots and incapable of running a real investigation, and after reading all about the Pel-Air cover up fiasco, how can anyone take Dolan serious???

The plane went down in Gulf of Thailand. Remember how long it took to find QZ8501 in the JAVA sea, well if IMST hadn't hijacked the search, they would've found mh370 too. This farce has just gone on long enough. I'm so tired of the conspiracy theories that have evolved and keep evolving around this bizarre case. The families deserve the truth and its time that IMST admit they screwed up, also its time for Malaysia to own up to their royal screw up in their ATC.

I will never get on another airplane anywhere near Asia until the truth be told, the families deserve to have the truth and closure. It's really sad that this whole sad affair could have and should have NOT gotten so far out of hand.

Enough BS, truth time!!!

Surely the mouth from the West, the silver haired bullshit artist and 'the font of no knowledge' Geoffrey Thomas must know, accurately, in detail, what happened? With experts such as Thomas, Beaker, Truss and Mere'd'k's department as an example, Australia has sooooo much to offer. Surely this will all be solved soon?

On a serious note I agree with Jacki Legs, I smell pooh. I don't know whether one of our Bretheren decided to do a Germanwings and tap out in style, or whether the House of Rothschild had a hand in this event, either way the numbers just don't stack up and it is almost beyond belief that NOBODY knows anything, at all!!!!!! I simply do not believe it. The Yanks and the Chinese have the globe pretty much covered and not a fart is passed without an eye in the sky or an ear on the ground, or below the surface, noticing! I call bollocks........

Simple answer is this.

On 28 March 2014 an Air New Zealand B777 Captain was so pissed off at his co-pilot being breathalysed for drinking and delaying take off that he locked his co-pilot out of the cockpit. Imagine this was MH370...

The Air NZ co-pilot and crew became quite distressed and used a route under the cockpit to bypass the locked cockpit door. If this were MH370, even if the pilot inside a locked cockpit depressurised the plane, there were three other male crew including co-pilot able to break back in and they had half hour walk around 02 bottles.

No way was this suicide. A suicidal pilot would do what Lubbitz did. Point it downhill ASAP and finish it quickly.

Quote:No way was this suicide. A suicidal pilot would do what Lubbitz did. Point it downhill ASAP and finish it quickly.

Thats assuming a suicidal pilot is willing for it to be deemed suicide. However there are many reasons why a pilot may want to hide a suicide - family reputation, insurance payout etc.

In your opinion, would a FO definitely be aware of this alternative way int the cockpit? And could this entry be 'locked" in some way by the operator?

One of the reasons that it could be suicide is quite simply the location (or should I say rough estimate of the location. I better go check with Dolan the magnificent). The deep isolated waters would make an ideal place for Hari Kari. Very hard to find/retrieve enough evidence to investigate the cause. I'm not sure of the Malaysian laws but in many parts of the world there are no insurance payouts claimable for suicide, hence a pilot could decide to make suicide hard to determine by ditching in the worlds deepest ocean. The Asians are also very proud people (I mean that in a positive way) and the pilot may have considered that and not wanted his family scorned, ostracised or even attacked by an outraged community, or financially disadvantaged. Suicide cannot be ruled out. Also suicides and the mindset behind them take various different forms. There is the plotter and planner who wants it to look like an accident/mystery, often no note or evidence is left behind as that would give the game away. There is the suicide in which a note is left and the person suiciding doesn't care what chaos ensues once he/she has checked out. Some are planned meticulously, others are done on a whim. Then there is the Lubbitz style suicide. The one that goes out in a blaze of glory causing untold carnage to many. This is a mentally ill individual who leaves the world with a middle finger salute.
It's all very very sad, it's tragic. Many of these individuals are quite simply very ill, but I'm not making excuses.

But there is a much more putrid smell to this accident and it is that inaction, lies, incompetence and suspect activities of several nations that raises my red flag and makes me think there is much more to this malaise. It's simply still too early to tell what went on that fateful night, and my heart goes out to all those affected. But as I've said for some time, it is palpable that a bureaucrat with a penchant for facial manscaping be in charge of one of this centuries greatest aviation mysteries.

I'm sure that P2 would suggest there is MTF.

(05-27-2015, 03:05 PM)slats11 Wrote:  
Quote:No way was this suicide. A suicidal pilot would do what Lubbitz did. Point it downhill ASAP and finish it quickly.

Thats assuming a suicidal pilot is willing for it to be deemed suicide. However there are many reasons why a pilot may want to hide a suicide - family reputation, insurance payout etc.

In your opinion, would a FO definitely be aware of this alternative way int the cockpit? And could this entry be 'locked" in some way by the operator?

Standard practice in every airline that all crew are inducted to handle specific aircraft types, pilots are type certified obviously and when I was in the industry, the F/As had some similar sort of qualification on type. The would include familiarisation with such aspects.

The moment a pilot locks out any other pilot from the cockpit, he marks himself as erratic and there is no turning back from that point, so I just don't buy your theories. Once committed to such a course of action there is every motive to follow through without delay. Certainly not a 7+ hour delay.

I happen to know many of Zaharie's family & friends personally. I never knew Zaharie himself, but his friends share with me many intimate matters. Enough to have the measure of the man. He was an extremely generous, philanthropic man and always thought of others before himself. He had no money worries and also had no insurance policy, so that really kills any motive for wanting to hide anything doesn't it?

Zahari during the course of his career had several quite challenging offers to work for other airlines. He was offered salary packages which left his MAS income for dust, yet turned them all down out of his unstinting loyalty to MAS. His home simulator was used extramurally to help train his student pilots develop & practice procedures. Fariq Hamid for example was a B767 F/O qualifying in the B777 with Ari as his training captain. This is not the profile of somebody so dysfunctional as Lubbitz.

Zahari was not the political extremist he was painted as either. His closest friend Peter Chong encouraged him to come to the trial of Anwar Ibrahim who was a cousin in law to be accurate. Politics were Peter's passion and the famous photo of Z in a tee shirt emblazoned with "democracy is dead" also showed my friend Peter standing beside Z. People have gotten it quite wrong. The trial may have annoyed Zahari but not to the extent of making him commit suicide.

Were suicide politically motivated, then an act of suicide would be driven by the need to send a political message wouldn't it?

So where was the suicide note?
Where was the self eulogy?
Not even a prepared text message sent before they rolled down the runway...Nothing

I do not see how the SIO can be classed as a preferred suicide spot either, they risked getting shot down by the Indonesians and possibly the USA just getting there. And if they were already headed back (altered audio recordings, and disagreements on where they lost the plane) or more likely managed to do a manual turn back and lost control of the the plane, or lost the pilots, the only thing waiting at the end of the line was the SIO.

(06-02-2015, 09:23 PM)aussie500 Wrote:  I do not see how the SIO can be classed as a preferred suicide spot either, they risked getting shot down by the Indonesians and possibly the USA just getting there. And if they were already headed back (altered audio recordings, and disagreements on where they lost the plane) or more likely managed to do a manual turn back and lost control of the the plane, or lost the pilots, the only thing waiting at the end of the line was the SIO.

Totally agree with that summation aussie500.. Wink  Why would they (or he) head West then South, risking interest from many authorities when you could of, with less angst, headed E along Lat 8 North till past Brunei then ESE into some of the deepest, darkest trenches of the Pacific Ocean?? 

P2... Undecided

Latest from Ben;

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/...nes-event/

"Concerns that crucial computer programs were hacked or interfered with onboard lost Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been given tacit acceptance by authorities and searchers for almost as long as the Boeing 777-200ER  has been missing.  The news about an apparent hack attack on LOT Polish airlines, and earlier, on United Airlines, can only add to those fears"

And from the Maldives CAA;

"I am convinced now, given all the information and data we have, that it was not the MH but most likely the Island Aviation Bombardier Dash 8"
Ibrahim Faizal

More here;

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/5865...iny-island